- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
Voice disorders in adults and children - vocal cord pathologies such as nodules and polyps, or associated with use / misuse or technique, occupational and professional voice disorders, transgendered voice; Swallowing disorders in adults associated with head and neck cancer, trauma, stroke or brain injury - diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Advanced Practitioner SLT at Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham and the Freeman Hosptial, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Management of vocal cord movement disorders.
Interventions to manage the functional difficulties associated with head and neck cancer treatments.
Fellowship of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- DipCST Birmingham Polytechnic 1980
- MSc Advanced Practice University of Newcastle Upon Tyne 2004
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy for Parkinson Disease LSVT® 2014
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair Head and Neck CEN (2 years) RCSLT 2012
- Specialist Adviser RCSLT 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.