- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
Upon commencing my undergraduate degree in psychology in 1994, I developed an interest in applying psychological theory, models and interventions to assist people in alleviating mental health problems, promoting psychological well-being and in helping people to better cope with psychological and emotional distress.
After graduating in 1998, I volunteered for Glasgow Association for Mental Health before securing two Assistant Psychologist posts, in 1999 and 2002 respectively, both in Adult Mental Health.
I completed my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology in Belfast (2003-2006) and worked for one year in Learning Disability in Northern Ireland before moving into a Primary Care Mental Health post in NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (2007-2009). Since 2009 I have been employed within a Secondary Care Mental Health service in NHS Lanarkshire.
I am due to complete a Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology in 2018.
Areas of interest
Complex Trauma/Complex PTSD;
Medically Unexplained Symptoms;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Chartered Clinical Psychologist
- B.Sc (Hons) Psychology Glasgow Caledonian University 1998
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology The Queen's University of Belfast 2006
- PgDip Clinical Neuropsychology (commencing September 2016) The University of Glasgow 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS), 2012
Affiliations / memberships
HCPC - PYL19768
BPS - 089381
Associate Fellow of The British Psychological Society
- Home Visits (Monday all day); evenings, weekends
- 09:00 - 20:00
- 07990 736643
- The Consulting RoomsThe Connal Building34 West...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07990 736643
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.