- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- I have completed two Revision arthroplasty fellowships specialising in both Impaction Bone grafting and Porous metal reconstructions and completed a Masters degree in the field of Impaction Bone Grafting in 2008.
- I was awarded the first ever Joint Travelling fellowship by the British and American Orthopaedic Research Societies and elected onto the executive committee in July 2009.
- I have recently been elected onto the Executive Committee of the British Hip Society.
- I continue to pursue an active role in innovation and research acting as an active member of the Beyond Compliance Advisory Board.
Areas of interest
Priamry Hip and Knee surgery / joint replacement
Revision Hip and Knee surgery
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Simon N Marshall Fee Assured
- Dr Stephen Harris Not Fee Assured
- Dr Helen Hopwood Not Fee Assured
- Dr James A Sidney Fee Assured
- Dr Jane A Thurlow Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Musgrove Park Hospital
Reivison Hip surgery
- Metal on metal total hip replacements
- outcome following primary and revision surgery
- Reconstruction of large acetabular defects with porous metals
Married with 3 young children - very family orientated
Very much an outdoor family - look after a variety of animals
Active with a love of cycling which gets to me and from work each day
Keen pursuer of all watersports - now more on hold with the young family!
2013 British Hip Society Presentation Prize
2012 BOTA/BORS Prize, BOA
2008 Inaugral BORS / American Orthopaedic Research Society Fellowship.
2007 L’Oreal Prize (Presentation), European Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
2007 BORS Travelling Fellowship.
2007 BORS Podium presentation winner.
2007 Medical Futures Innovation awards winner (Best New Surgical Technology).
2007 Gauvain Scientific Meeting Prize
2007 RSM President’s Prize
2007 McKee Prize for best presentation (BHS)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational
Published over 30 publications in peer reviewed journals
Written several book chapters
Recent publications featured in
Journal of Arthroplasty,
Bone & Joint Journal
Courses offered to GPs
Part of the Fresh Talks programme run annually in the south west
Offer evening / practice talks on any specific areas of orthopaedic surgery on request - focused on area of expertise / special interest.
- MBBS BSc(Hons) London 1999
- Masters Degree Southampton 2008
Reference number 4633271
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Editor Hip International Hip International Journal 2015
- Advisory Board Member Beyond Compliance Beyond Compliance 2014
- Executive Committee British Hip Society British Hip Society 2017
- Regoinal Clinical Coordinator NJR (South West) National Joint Registry, UK 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Benjamin JRF Bolland, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Research Society
Britsh Hip Society
British Orthopaedic Association
General Medical Council
- Staplegrove ElmTAUNTONTA2 6AN
- 08:00 - 20:00
- 01823 476360
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Annie Lloyd - 07472 555952