- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I offer a quiet, calm space for you to be heard, facilitating you to understand your needs and wants, and how you may want to change: then I support you to facilitate these changes. I offer both short term and long term therapy. Providing therapy to both individuals and couples.
I have been practising for over 20 years. My experience includes providing therapy for several years to a mental health day centre, a training and employment establishment and at an alcohol project. I have been in private practice since 1997.
I am a trained Transactional Analyst. Transactional Analysis is a cognitive, behavioural and emotion based therapy, with it roots in psychoanalysis and its orientation in the humanistic schools of therapy. TA provides many tools to help you understand yourself, your situation and how you can change. I also integrate mindfulness methods in my practice and I have been practicing mindfulness for over 20 years.
Areas of interest
Race and cultural issues; Work related stress; Working with couples; Spirituality and mindfulness based stress reduction; Adoption ~ I am certified to provide counselling to adoptees, adopters and parents and families of adopted people by Barnardo's
- Certified Transactional Analyst and MSc in Psychotherapy Metanoia and Middlesex University 2004
- Diploma in TA supervision Metanoia 2013
- Certificate and Qualification in Social Work Middlesex Polytechnic 1990
- Adoption Counselling Link Adoption Support Services with Barnardo's 2009
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Leadership group Black & Asian Therapist Online (www.baatn.org.uk) 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Provisional Training and Supervision Transactional Analyst. , 2012
Affiliations / memberships
UK Association of Transactional Analysis.
International Transactional Analysis Association.
European Transactional Analysis Association.