- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a consultant psychiatrist with special interest in Depression, Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Bipolar Affective Disorder, first episode psychosis. I carry out assessments for sexual (Gender) identity issues and also do medico-legal work.
I work with individuals to improve their quality of life and help them to achieve their goals, without creating a sense of loss of control.
I gained primary medical qualification in 1982. After completing training in Psychiatry in 1988, I started my career in psychiatry as a Lecturer. Besides clinical care, I continue to contribute to service development, academic psychiatry and research.
I am involved in training of Psychiatrist at the Oxford School of Psychiatry.
Areas of interest
• Depression • Anxiety and Obsessive compulsive Disorder • • Stress and employment related problems • Bipolar affective disorder & Mood Disorders • Early psychosis • Sexual (gender) identity issues Medico-legal issues
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Psychiatrist, Berkshire Health Care Foundation Trust, Ascot
I have been involved as an investigator in various national and multinational research projects.
The projects are to study the impact of mental illness, detect genetic mutation in mental illness, Observational Assessment of safety of drugs for MHRA, clinical trial of new molecules and scientific comparison of effects of drugs.
International Fellowship in Mental Health
Courses offered to GPs
Seminars at the Cardinal Clinic
- M.R.C.Psych Royal College of Psychiatrists 2003
- F.R.C. Psych Royal College of Psychiatrists 2010
- M.D. Gujarat University 1986
- M.B.B.S. Gujarat University 1983
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Royal College of Psychiatrists 2010
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Adult Psychiatry, 2002
- Cardinal Clinic, SL4 5UL
- 11:30 - 14:00
- 01753 869755
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr. Sohan Derasari