- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
Breast cancer: Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy; Biological agents; Hormone therapy; Radiotherapy: newer radiotherapy techniques including Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
Skin cancer: Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma and other skin cancers. Radiotherapy
Carcinoma of Unknown Primary
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Clinical Oncology at East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Non-surgical management of breast cancer including immunotherapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, biological agents and endocrine therapy. Expertise in the use of advanced radiotherapy techniques including Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT).
Immunotherapy for Metastatic Melanoma and other skin cancers
Principal investigator for breast cancer and melanoma trials.
1. Ralph Noble Prize for best MD Thesis academic year 2017-2018 by University of Cambridge
2. Distinction in MSc (Oncology): 2010 from Institute Of Cancer Research
3. Certificate of Merit for excellent academic performance in MBBS: 2003
Selected publications in International scientific journals
1. MB Mukesh, GC Barnett, JS Wilkinson, et al. A randomised controlled trial of Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) for early breast cancer: 5-year results confirm superior overall cosmesis Journal of Clinical Oncology (2013).
2. MB Mukesh, E Harris, S Collette, et al. Normal tissue complication probability (NTCP) parameters for breast fibrosis: pooled results from two randomised trials. Radiotherapy and Oncology (2013).
3. CE Coles, AM Brunt, D Wheatley, MB Mukesh, JR Yarnold. Breast Radiotherapy: less is more? Clinical Oncology (2013)
4. SJ Treece, M Mukesh, YL Rimmer, et al. The Value of Image-Guided Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy in Challenging Clinical Settings. British Journal of Radiology (2013).
5. MB Mukesh, G Barnett, J Cumming, et al. Association of breast tumour bed seroma with post-operative complications and late normal tissue toxicity: Results from the Cambridge Breast IMRT trial. European Journal of Surgical Oncology (2012)
6. M Mukesh, E Harris, R Jena, et al. Relationship between irradiated breast volume and late normal tissue complications: a systematic review. Radiotherapy and Oncology (2012)
7. M Mukesh, R Benson, R Jena, et al. Inter-observer variation in clinical target volume and organs at risk segmentation in head & neck cancers: can segmentation protocols help? British Journal of Radiology (2012)
8. K Eyre, D Whitney, M Mukesh, et al. Optimization and comparison of MammoSite brachytherapy using a single source, a standard plan line source and both forward and inverse planned Multi-Lumen technique. Brachytherapy (2013)
9. M Mukesh, D Shuttleworth, P Murray. Primary cutaneous Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology (2009)
10. M Mukesh, N Cook, AE Hollingdale, et al. Small cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder: a 15 year retrospective review of treatment and survival in the Anglian Cancer Network. British Journal of Urology International (2009)
11. M Mukesh, P Murray. Cerebellar Toxicity with capecitabine in a Patient with Metastatic Breast Cancer. Clinical Oncology (2008)
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2005
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists, London 2010
- MSc in Oncology (distinction) Institute of Cancer Research, London 2010
- MBBS (distinction) Manipal Academy of Higher Education 2003
- MD Medicine University Of Cambridge 2019
- Senior Clinical Research Fellow in Breast Oncology Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge 2011
Reference number 6052344
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Oncology, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ESTRO)
Royal College of Radiologist (RCR)
Melanoma focus group, UK
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.