- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Ogutu is an expert consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist with a specialist interest in infertility and minimal access (key-hole) gynaecological surgery. A BUPA accredited gynaecological ultrasound provider, he provides 'one-stop' investigation and treatment of complex gynaecological conditions.
Advanced minimal access surgery skills ensure a short hospital stay, quick recover and minimal post operative discomfort.
His previous NHS consultant position was at North Middlesex University Hospital, where heI managed the endometriosis centre, fibroid and fertility clinics.
He is am actively involved in gynaecology as well as fertility research and education, frequently presenting his work at international and national conferences.
Mr Ogutu is approved by all major UK health insurance companies
Areas of interest
Minimal access surgery (laparoscopy / hysteroscopy);
Advanced gynaecology ultrasound;
Early pregnancy care;
Abnormal uterine bleeding;
Congenital uterine anomalies
- Ruth Blisset
- BMI The Cavell Hospital Cavell Drive ENFIELD EN2 7PR
- 07838 171641
- 01992 423832
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Recent research projects include:
1. UK National study coordinator for Safety of Ovaleap (Follicotropin alfa) in Infertile Women Undergoing Superovulation for Assisted Reproductive Technologies (SOFIA). A Multi-National, Comparative, Prospective, Non-Interventional Observational Cohort Study (2017-present)
2. Site principal investigator for Hysterectomy or Endometrial Ablation trial for Heavy menstrual bleeding (HEALTH) trial. A multicenter randomized controlled trial comparing laparoscopic supra-cervical hysterectomy with second generation endometrial ablation for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding (North Middlesex University Hospital - 2015-2016)
3. Site principal investigator in a multi-centre, two arm, interventional phase 4 study to evaluate tailoring of recombinant FSH treatment in subjects with chronic anovulation using the Gonal – F prefilled pen in women undergoing ovulation induction (2013 – 2014).
1. *Ogutu D, Das S, Mould T, Evans F, Yoong W. The novel use of intestinal mucosal matrix for vaginal vault dehiscence following laparoscopic radical hysterectomy for cervical carcinoma. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010 May 20. PMID: 20494506
2. * Ogutu D, Anastasakis E, Chi C, Kadir RA. First trimester diagnosis of conjoint (pygopagus) twins: A case report of successful prenatal and postnatal management. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008 Apr; 28(3):340-2. PMID: 18569484
3. Tucker A, Ogutu D, Yoong W, Nauta M, Fakokunde A. The unbooked mother: a cohort study of maternal and foetal outcomes in a North London Hospital. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2010 Apr; 281(4):613-6. Epub 2009 Jun 24.PMID: 19551396
4. *Ogutu D, Arneja S, Tran A, Yoong W. Picture quiz: ectopic pregnancy. Student BMJ 2009; 17:b1470
5.*Ogutu D, Lau M, Kadir RA. Influence of fetal sex on the outcome of induced labour. Abstract. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology April 2006.
Courses offered to GPs
Premature ovarian failure
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://portal.phin.org.uk/Pages/ViewMyPracticeReports.aspx?report=consultantapcactivity
1. Re-admission rate Oct 2013 - Feb 2018: 0.01%,
2. Post operative infection rate Oct 2013 - Feb 2018: 0%.
3. Mortality rate Oct 2013 - Feb 2018: 0%,
- MBChB Faculty of Health Sciences, Moi University 1999
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2008
- DFSRH Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2007
- Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Kings College Hospital 2011
- Advanced Techniques in Gynaecology Laparoscopy Surgery IRCAD, Strasbourg, France 2015
- ESHRE certicifation for Reproductive Endoscopic Surgeons ESHRE 2015
Reference number 5208640
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical council specialist register, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
1.Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
2. Member of British Fertility Society (BFS)
3. Member of British Society of Gynaecology Endoscopy (BSGE)
4. Member of European society of Gynaecology Endoscopy (ESGE)
5. Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
6. Member of International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
7. member of the American Association of Gynaecological laparoscopists (AAGL)
- BMI Kinga Oak Hospital EN2 8SD
- 12:30 - 15:00
- 07838 171641
- BMI The Cavell Hospital, EN2 7PR
- 18:00 - 22:00
- 07838 171641
- The One Hospital, Hatfield Avenue HatfieldAL10 9UA
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 07838 171641
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details