- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General cardiology
- Interventional cardiology
Dr Julian Winter is an NHS Consultant Cardiologist at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and Calderdale Royal Hospital. He graduated from the University of Leeds and undertook his specialist Cardiology training in Leeds and West Yorkshire. Dr Winter also spent a year training in interventional cardiology in Sydney, Australia. He obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) in the role of genetics in the development of coronary artery disease.
He helped to establish the coronary angioplasty service in Huddersfield and Calderdale and regularly performs coronary angioplasty and stenting procedures at Calderdale Royal Hospital in Halifax. In addition, Dr Winter has a wide and long experience of general cardiological conditions.
He lives with his family in Huddersfield and outside of work his main interests are spending time with his family, keeping fit and sport (especially football and rugby).
Areas of interest
Angina (including angioplasty and stenting);
Heart Failure; Arrhythmias (Palpitations); Heart Murmurs; Hypertension; Primary Prevention of IHD
Current NHS consultant posts held
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and Calderdale Royal Hospital
- MBChB (Batchelor of Medicine and Surgery) University of Leeds 1995
- MRCP ( Membership of the Royal College of Physicians - UK) Royal College of Physicians 1999
- MD (Doctorate of Medicine) University of Leeds 2006
- FRCP (Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians - London) Royal College of Physicians 2014
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship University of New South Wales and Liverpool Hospital, Sydney 2006
Reference number 4191678
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology Specialist Register, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Interventional Society
European Society of Cardiology
- BMI Huddersfield Hospital, HD2 2BL
- 15:00 - 18:00
- 01484 533131
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.