- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a CBT therapist with full BABCP accreditation (Accred).
I am also an EMDR Practitioner and Member of EMDR Association UK & Ireland.
I have experience of working both in the private sector as an associate therapist and I have worked within the NHS providing psychological interventions for emotional and psychological distress.
My background is in Psychology with further post graduate training in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Areas of interest
PTSD and trauma both complex and one off traumas, Social Phobia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, OCD, Hoarding, Panic Disorder, Phobias, Agoraphobia, Stress and Depression and low mood and Low Self-Esteem.
Current NHS consultant posts held
CBT Psychotherapist and EMDR Practitioner at East London Foundation Trust, Bedford IAPT Service.
Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Dissociation, Attachment. Trauma related psychological problems.
Theatre, Film, reading psychological thrillers and historical novels. Cooking, psychological and physical wellness and fitness, fashion and home decorating, history, natural history.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology The Manchester Metropolitan University 2001
- Dip Counselling University of Salford 2006
- Post Grad Dip CBP University of Salford 2014
- EMDR Practitioner Training Parts 1,2,3 and 4 EMDR Masterclass EMDR Europe 2016
- Mindfulness based approached with CBT University of Salford 2014
- Key Issues in Overweight & Obesity National Centre for Eating Disorders 2012
- CBT for PTSD University of Reading 2016
- Effective Practice of Group CBT East London NHS Foundation Trust 2016
- EMDR Toolbox-Complex Trauma Workshop EMDR Services Ltd 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited Member British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies 2016
- Accredited Mamber British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2011
- Member EMDR UK & Ireland Association 2016
Affiliations / memberships
BABCP, BACP, EMDR UK & Ireland Association.
- The Lewis Clinic, 1 Harley Street, London W1N 1DA
- 11:00 - 19:00
- 07545 226365
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: glenda.taylor86