- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a warm and caring individual with 10 years experience of counselling and psychotherapy over a wide range of client groups (including children and young people and couples in addition to individual adults). I hold a post as a Quality and Professional Practice Manager for a counselling organisation and am responsible for the clinical practice of 15 counsellors. My background is in teaching and learning and I worked as a Programme Manager for Health & Social Care/Counselling courses in further education for many years. In my counselling practice I am to provide a confidential, welcoming environment to enable people to explore their issues. I work most weekdays and some Saturdays.
Areas of interest
I have experience of working with a wide range of issues, including:
Anxiety and stress,
Obssessive Compulsive Disorder,
Significant life changes
I have research interests in the area of counselling and psychotherapy supervision and am currently undertaking research to complete my final year of a Masters Degree in Integrative Psychotherapy with Birmingham City University (UKCP accredited)
I am also particularly interested in research into therapeutic practice with clients who have experienced abuse, and those who experience anxiety and depression.
In my free time I enjoy the theatre, cinema, walking, visiting places of cultural interest both in the UK and in Europe. I have visited Krakow in Poland four times and have fallen in love with its relaxed pace, culture and history. When at home I enjoy reading a range of literature and spending time with my 3 grown up children.
- MSc (Postgrad Diploma) Integrative Psychotherapy Birmingham City University 2013
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision Plymouth University 2011
- MA (Ed) Open University 1998
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences OU 2005
- Certificate in Education Wolverhampton University 2003
- Higher Diploma in Integrative Counselling Hereford College 2005
- Advanced Certificate in Applications of CBT including anxiety and depression Clarity Training 2008
- ABC Certificate in CBT counselling skills Clarity Training 2007
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist BACP 2012
- BACP Registered Member BACP 2002
Affiliations / memberships
BACP (Accredited) counsellor/psychotherapist