- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Miss Bano is a consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Miss Bano is a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and a member of The British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP). She is an accredited colposcopist and a trainer.
Miss Bano has a wide range of expertise in all aspects of gynaecology providing high quality care to women with general gynaecological conditions including colposcopy, urogynaecology, vaginal surgery, menstrual disorders, contraception, menopause/HRT and pelvic pain.
Her broad training within the field of obstetrics and gynaecology has enabled her to develop specialist interests within the field of women’s health. Miss Bano has a keen interest in teaching and is an educational supervisor for trainee doctors during their clinical placements and in charge of GP trainees at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Miss Bano has published widely within the obstetrics and gynaecology peer reviewed literature throughout her career and frequently presents her work in international and national medical conferences.
Miss Bano is the consultant lead for Gynaecology Clinical Governance at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Areas of interest
Colposcopy; urogynaecology; pelvic pain; menstrual disorders; menopause/HRT; contraception/family planning; hysteroscopy; laparoscopic surgery/minimal access surgery; early pregnancy problem/ectopic pregnancy; prolapse and ovarian cyst.
- Charlotte Ambrose
- 07951 696753
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Mensturation following Large Loop excision of Transformation Zone
Clinical Excellence Award
I am proficient in English, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi
Published online BJOG June 2013 Vol 120
1) EP3.21 Patient satisfaction survey in the provision of LLETZ under LA
2) EP3.121 HPV test of cure rates 6/12 post treatment of LLETZ
1) To evaluate the feasibility and success of mechanical polyp resection in out- patient Hysteroscopy settings Poster presentation at the 25th ESGE Annual congress 2016
• F Bano, S Khole, A Jolaoso. Cervical screening in under 25s: A High- risk young population. Eouropean Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology & Rep Biol (2008), Volume 139, Issue 1.
• F Bano, J W Barrington. Prevalence of anorectal dysfunction in women attending health care services. International Urogynecology journal. (2006) 18(1): 57-60
• F Bano, H Hamoud, P Hay. Timing of Induction of Labour for Post Maturity and Caesarean Section Patterns. Current Women’s Health Reviews (2006) 2(4): 193-195
• F Bano, JW Barrington. Comparison between Porcine Dermal Implant (Permacol™) and Silicone Injection (Macroplastique™) for Urodynamic stress incontinence. International Urogynecology Journal (2005) 16:147-150
• Bologa S, Bano F HPV test of cure rates six months post treatment June 2013 RCOG World congress June 2013 BJOG EP3.121
• Bologa S, Bano F Patient satisfaction survey of the provision of LLETZ under LA RCOG World Congress June 2013 published in BJOG on line edition EP3.21
Courses offered to GPs
Updates on contraception
General gynaecological disorders
Polycystic ovarian disease
- MBBS, FRCOG, BSCCP/RCOG ColposcopyAccreditation Royal college of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, London 2014
Reference number 4760595
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BSCCP The British Society For Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Farida Bano