- Fee assured
- Verified this account
After reading medicine and completing his medical degree (MBBS) with a First Class Dr Srirangan undertook his Post-Graduate medical training in various teaching hospitals in the Northwest of UK (2001-2005) and he was awarded membership of the Royal College of Physicians (London) in 2005.
He subsequently undertook Higher Specialist training in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine in London and the South East of England. This has included 3 years training (2008-2011) at the Academic Research Unit at King’s College Hospital and Guys and St Thomas Hospital London. During this period, Dr Srinivasan Srirangan was awarded an MSc in Rheumatology from Kings College London.
He completed his Higher Specialist Training in Rheumatology and General (Internal) Medicine and entered the Specialist register on the General Medical Council in September 2011. He successfully completed the Specialty Certificate Examination for Rheumatology in 2011and was awarded the post nominal MRCP (UK) (Rheum). He has been awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of UK (FRCP). He is currently Regional Chair (South East Coast) for Brisitsh Society of Rheumatology and Royal College Tutor for Medway Hospital . He has keen interest in medical education and regularly teaches undergraduate medical students and postgraduate trainee doctors.
Areas of interest
Inflammatory arthritis; Rheumatoid Arthritis;Psoriatic arthritis; Ankylosing Spondylitis; Reactive arthritis; Stills disease; Osteoarthritis; Connective tissue diseases; Sjogrens syndrome; scleroderma;Intra and peri articular injections; Chronic fatigue syndrome; Fibromyalgia; SLE; Back pain; Soft tissue rheumatism; vasculitis; polymyalgia rheumatic ; GCA , Bechets .
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Rheumatologist Medway Maritime Hospital and Darent Valley Hospital
Clinical Trials- inflammatory arthritis and connective tissue disease both commercial trials and CLRN studies .
English, Hindi, Urdu, Malayalam
SriranganS, Khan.F, Madaan.S, Widespread lytic lesions- a metastatic or vasculitic process:International Journal of Surgery Case Reports 2016, Vol 18.
SriranganS, D’Cruz D, An interesting case of polyarteritis nodosa with destructive osteitis, BSR 2014
SriranganS, Kirkham B, Scott,DL, Functional outcome in response to treatment with DMARDScompared to anti-TNF agents in a cohort with rheumatoid arthritis; EULAR12-2564
SriranganS, Patient satisfaction with rheumatology services across three clinical sites in Kent (UK); EULAR13-5817
Srirangan S, Gindea S, Lynn M; Use of rituximab in rheumatoid arthritis: The South London Healthcare NHS Trust experience ; London Deanery Conference: The future of healthcare 2013
SriranganS, Nair.B, Dolan AL ;Observational study of musculoskeletal problems in patients presenting to general medical clinics in urban slum setting in New Delhi ; EULAR12-1749
Srirangan S, Thomas SV : A third of women with epilepsy have an unfavourable outcome in pregnancy; S299, Journal of Neurological Sciences Vol -187
Courses offered to GPs
Regular GP updates via departmental.
- MRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians of UK 2005
- MRCP (UK)(Rheum) Royal College of Physicians of UK 2011
- MSc (Rheum) Kings College London 2010
- FRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians of UK 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member Royal College of Physicians(UK) 2005
- Member British Society of Rheumatology 2006
- Member National Osteoporosis Society 2013
- Member Medical Protection Society 2012
- Member General Medical Council 2014
- Royal College Tutor and LFG Lead RCP 2014
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of UK 2016
- Regional Chair (South East England ) British Society of Rheumatology 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT (Rheumatology and GIM), 2011
Affiliations / memberships
• Fellow Royal College of Physicians(UK)
• Member British Society of Rheumatology
• Member National Osteoporosis Society
• Member Medical Protection Society
• Member General Medical Council
• Member Kent Rheumatology Network
• Royal College tutor and LFG lead for Medicine 2014-current
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital, Manor Lane Fawkham...
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 01474 879900
- KIMS Hospital
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 01622 914833
- Spire Alexandra Hospita, Impton Lane CHATHAM...
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 01634 687166
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.