- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Chest radiology
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary radiology
- General ultrasound
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
I am a consultant radiologist with a special interest in Vascular and Non vascular intervention radiology.
I completed by basic surgical training in 2006 in the Northern Ireland Basic Surgical Rotation.
I moved to South Wales to undertake radiology training in the South Wales Radiology Training Scheme. I undertook training in all aspects of radiology and developed a special interest in intervention radiology.
To further gain and improve my intervention skills I did a year of fellowship at the Royal Free Hospital in London.
I have been working as a consultant in Radiology at the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport since 2012.
Areas of interest
Intervention radiology; biopsy; fibroid embolization; angioplasty; vascular stent; lung tumour ablation; ultrasound; CT scan; CT angiogram; CT coronary angiogram;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Diagnostic and Intervention Radiologist
Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport NP20 2UB
Improvement in patient experience
Percutaneous lung ablation
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
• Thomas WR, Hamil J, Goyal N (2018, Apr 26). Urachal Carcinoma: A rare tumour with specific imaging characteristics on CT. http://www.eurorad.org/case.php?id=15670 DOI: 10.1594/EURORAD/CASE.15670
• Thomas WR, Chick C, Goyal N. Use of a Re-entry Device in Left Subclavian Occlusion: Case Series. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2018 Jan;41(1):177-181.
• G. K. Ambler, A. L. Stimpson, B. G. Wardle, D. C. Bosanquet, U. K. Hanif, S. Germain, C. Chick, N. Goyal, C. P. Twine. Infrapopliteal angioplasty using a combined angiosomal reperfusion strategy. PLoS One. 2017; 12(2): e0172023.
• N. Jain, N. Goyal, K. Mukherjee, S. Kamath. Ultrasound of the abdominal wall: What lies beneath? Clin Radiol. 2013 Jan;68(1):85-93
• Goyal N, Floyd (jnr) M St J, Agarwal SK, De Bolla AR. Sonographic findings of testicular prosthesis rupture: A case report. Clinical Radiol 2011 Apr ;66 (4):383-4 (PMID 21356399)
• Goyal N, Rachapalli V, Lloyd DL, Burns H. Cervical Spine Imaging in Trauma: Does the Use of Grid and Filter Combination Improve Visualisation of the Cervicothoracic Junction? Radiography 2011 Feb; 17 (1): 39-42
• Goyal N, Jain N, Rachapalli V, Cochlin DL, Robinson M. Non Invasive Evaluation of Liver Cirrhosis using Ultrasound. Clin Radiol, 2009; 64 (11), 1056-66. (PMID: 19822238)
• Goyal N, Jain N, Rachapalli V. Ergonomics in Radiology. Clinical Radiol, 2009; 64 (2), 119 – 26 (PMID: 19103340)
• Goyal N, Narlawar R. Kyphosis: A rare cause of Dysphagia. Age Ageing.2005; 34: 521-522. (PMID: 16107461)
• Rachapalli V, Goyal N, Bartley L, Facey P, Rees J. Role of labeled white cell scintigraphy with SPECT/CT in crohn disease. Clin Nuc Med, 2009; 34(12):902-905 (PMID: 20139828)
• Rachapalli V, Goyal N, Smith R, Hourihan MD. Adult resuscitation: Are we up to date? A study of staff resuscitation skills in the radiology department of a tertiary referral centre. Br J Radiol, 2009; 82: 645-648. (PMID: 19188243)
• Kamath S, Jain N, Goyal N, Mansour R, Mukherjee K. Incidental findings on MRI of the spine. Clin Radiol. 2009 Apr;64(4):353-61. (PMID: 19264178)
• Zachariah S, Michael ALR, Goyal N, Elliot J. Compartment syndrome of lower arm after plating of the humerus—A case report and literature review. Injury Extra. 2006; 37 (4): 143-144
• Goyal N, Adams H, Bleehen RE, Crane MD. An incidental finding on lumbar spine radiographs. Accepted for publication as the RCR case of the month
- MBBS Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, India 2002
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2006
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists 2009
Reference number 6051281
- Harding AvenueMalpasNEWPORTNP20 6ZE
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01633 820301
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.