- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Dr Huda qualified in 1999 from the University of Liverpool with a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB). He undertook his subsequent general and specialist clinical training at University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London and King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London. He attained a PhD in the endocrinology of obesity and appetite from the University of Liverpool in 2010.
He was awarded a National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Academic Clinical Lecturer post in Diabetes & Endocrinology at King’s College London, from 2011 to 2012, further pursuing research interests in obstructive sleep apnoea and inpatient diabetes. During this period he worked in the world renowned diabetes centre at King's College Hospital, London, gaining specialist expertise in insulin pump/ glucose sensor therapy and antenatal diabetes.
Dr Huda also pursued his passion for teaching, leading the King’s College London third year medical students’ program for Diabetes & Endocrinology, and completing an internationally recognised prestigious teaching qualification (Certificate of Enhancing Academic Practice in Higher Education, King’s College London).
Areas of interest
Type 1 diabetes with specific expertise in insulin pumps / glucose sensors; Diabetes in pregnancy; Type 2 diabetes and all other diabetes related conditions; Obesity; General medicine
Current NHS consultant posts held
He currently works as a Consultant Physician in Diabetes & Metabolic Medicine at St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust, He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Barts & the London Medical School, Queen Mary University of London and a Visiting Senior Lecturer at King’s College London.
His current research interests are inpatient diabetes, diabetes in pregnancy and type 1 diabetes.
Young Investigator Award, American Academy of Sleep Medicine June 2007
The Endocrine Society Abstract award June 2006
Roche Educational Grant June 2006
Dr Huda has published over thirty articles in leading high impact factor peer reviewed journals and written several specialist book chapters.
Courses offered to GPs
Diabetes in Older Adults
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) University of Liverpool 1999
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians, London 2002
- PhD University of Liverpool 2010
- Specialist Certificate in Diabetes & Endocrinology Royal College of Physicians, London 2011
- Certificate for Enhancing Academic Practice in Higher Education King's College London 2012
- Advanced Life Support Resuscitation Council, UK 2011
- Insulin Pump Course The London Clinic, London 2011
- Advanced Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitor Therapy Course Medtronic, Roche 2013
Reference number 4639404
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist register for Endocrinology and General Internal Medicine, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Association of British Clinical Diabetologists
American Diabetes Association
Society for Endocrinology
The Endocrine Society
British Medical Association
- 1 Beaumont Square Stepney Green LONDON E1 4NL
- 12:30 - 14:30
- 020 7780 2400
- 35 Weymouth Street LONDON W1G 8BJ
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 020 7935 7700
- London Medical, Marylebone High Street
- 09:00 - 10:30
- 0800 048 3330
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.