- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Breast radiology
- General cross sectional
Dr. Amrita Kumar MBBS (Hons) MSc FRCR is a Consultant Radiologist and holds her NHS post at the King Edward VII Hospital in Windsor where she is a leading specialist for breast cancer. She also runs a weekly breast cancer screening assessment clinic and performs weekly interventional procedures including ultrasound-guided biopsy, fine needle aspirations, stereotactic and mammotome biopsies, as well as stereotactic wire localisations. She is a core member of the local and specialist breast cancer multidisciplinary team.
Dr Kumar consults on all aspects of general and breast radiology and has expertise in breast cancer diagnosis and management.
Areas of interest
Tomosynthesis 3D mammogram, Ultrasound assisted vacuum biopsy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Parapet Breast Centre, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor
Heatherwood Hospital, Ascot
Wexham Park Hospital, Wexham
Management of high risk breast lesions
Medical Simulation for training
I have an interest in the management of symptomatic and screen-detected breast cancer. I also have a clinical and research interest in the breast cancer and medical simulation, having previously completed an MSc in this area.
1. Royal College of Radiologist Transformational Leadership Fellowship. 2014
2. NICE Scholarship, National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence, UK. 2011
3. Royal College Radiologists Breast Group Annual Scientific Meeting Registrar Prize, 2010
4. British Society of Interventional Radiologists Research Grant Award, UK. 2010
5. Eurographics Second Medical Prize, Munich, Germany. 2009
6. Kodak Radiological Fund Scholarship, RCR London. 2008
Dr. Kumar is published in many peer-reviewed papers in high impact international journals including the British Journal of Radiology and has recently authored a chapter on the internationally collaborated 'Comprehensive Textbook of Healthcare Simulation' published by Springer Science. She has presented at major international conferences and has been invited to give talks in the UK and United States.
Courses offered to GPs
Spire Thames Valley Breast Health Masterclass
My aim is to provide a comprehensive breast symptomatic and screening service to all my patients.
- MBBS (Hons) Guy's, King's & St Tomas' School of Medicine, London 2004
- BSc Management Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London 2001
- MSc & DIC Surgical Technology Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London 2009
- FRCR The Royal College of Radiologists, England 2010
- Breast Imaging Fellowship Northwick Park Hospital 2012
Reference number 6103311
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- NICE Scholar National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Radiologists
British Society of Breast Radiology
British Institute of Radiology
Radiological Society of North America
- Princess Margaret Hospital
- 14:30 - 17:00
- 01753 743454
- Spire Thames Valley Hospital
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01753 665420
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.