- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 25 Sep 2020
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
I work three days a week for an NHS Mental Health Service and work privately on Mondays.
My approach is eclectic but has a bedrock of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - in particular 'third wave' CBT approaches such as Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion-focussed Therapy.
I am a qualified CAT (Cognitive Analytic Therapy) practitioner and believe that using the therapeutic relationship as a mirror to a person's patterns of relating to others, can be an effective way of facilitating change.
I aim to tailor the therapy to the individual rather than try to fit the individual to the therapy.
My private work also includes the option for clients to have their therapy session outdoors where we can incorporate aspects of nature-facilitated psychological therapy (see website for details).
Areas of interest
Adults and adolescents; depression; anxiety; phobias; post-traumatic stress disorder; obsessive compulsive disorder; personality disorder; eating disorders; self-harm; complex early trauma; psycho-somatic conditions; interpersonal difficulties; personal development
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
I currently work part-time for a local Community Mental Health Team.
Innovative uses of psychology within primary and secondary care services.
The great outdoors, hiking, running, yoga, meditation and nature & wildlife.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of York 1998
- MSc Applied Sport & Exercise Psychology University of Chester 1999
- PhD in Health & Exercise Behaviour University of Wales Bangor 2003
- DClinPsych University of Wales Bangor 2006
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2010
- EMDR (parts 1-3) EMDR Works 2009
- CAT Skills (6 months) West Midlands CAT Practitioner Course 2013
- Taking Therapy Outdoors: A 5-Day Experiential Course Counselling & Psychotherapy Outdoors (CAPO) 2012
- Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapy Practitioner ACAT 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Psychological Society, Clinical Division, 2006
- The Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The Roy Fletcher Centre12-17 Cross...
- 10:00 - 17:00
- 07985 548140
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.