- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Dr Yasseen Al-Naeeb graduated from the Medical College University of Baghdad in 1992. He started training in the UK in 2002 and was awarded MRCP-London in 2005 His training in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine started in 2005 at St George’s Hospital in London. He completed the Higher Speciality Training in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine in 2012, and was subsequently awarded MRCP in Gastroenterology. Awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians- London in May 2016.
Dr Yasseen Al-Naeeb was appointed as a consultant in Bedford Hospital in April 2012. He is currently the lead for upper gastro-intestinal and pancreato-biliary cancers. His practice includes: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy, Hepatology, Pancreato-Biliary Diseases. He also has a large cohort of patients with Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Dyspepsia/Gastro-oesophageal Disease as well as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Accredited Endoscopy trainer.
He is currently the Clinical Lead for Cancer Services in the trust.
Areas of interest
Dyspepsia (indigestion); Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease- GORD (Heartburn); Dysphagia (Difficulty Swallowing); Oesophageal Dysmotility; Barrett's Oesophagus.
Abdominal pain; Nausea/Vomiting; and Unintentional Weight Loss
Iron Deficiency Anaemia. Coeliac Disease
Change in Bowel Habit (Diarrhoea or Constipation); and Rectal bleeding.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
General Hepatology (Liver Diseases and Abnormal Liver Function Tests)
Pancreato-Biliary Diseases including Gall Bladder Disorders
Diagnostic Endoscopy:- Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy; Enteroscopy; and Colonoscopy.
Therapeutic Endoscopy: ERCP; Oesophageal Stents; Duodenal Stents; PEG Placement, and Polypectomy.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Reading, travelling, swimming
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Fluent
• Ong J, Swift C, Stokell BG, Ong S, Lucarelli P, Shankar A, Rouhani FJ, Al-Naeeb, Y. Bouveret's syndrome: a systematic review of endoscopic therapy and a novel predictive tool to aid in management. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. (Accepted March 2019, in press, PMID pending).
• Ong J, Swift C, Al-Naeeb Y. Image of the month - Aortogastric fistula: a rare glimpse of catastrophe. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology; 2019 Mar 27. pii: S1542-3565(19)30297-6 [ePub ahead of print]. PMID: 30928456
• Ong J, Swift C, Norman R, Allwood I, Al-Naeeb Y, Shankar A. Investigation of chronic diarrhoea: new guidance from the British Society of Gastroenterology. British Journal of General Practice. 2019;69:262-264. PMID: 31023694
• Ong J, Swift C, Magill N, Ong S, Day A, Al-Naeeb Y, Shankar A. The association between mentoring and training outcomes in junior doctors in medicine: an observational study. BMJ Open; 8:e020721 (2018). PMID: 30244205
• Ong J, Swift C, Allwood I, Norman R, Al-Naeeb Y, Shankar A. Chronic diarrhoea: the indications for lower GI endoscopy when functional bowel diseases is suspected. Gut; Oct 30. pii: gutjnl-2018-317574 (2018). PMID: 30377192
• Ong J, Swift C, Al-Naeeb Y. Dysphagia: Multiple pathologies, One Cause - Complications of Colonic Interposition. Gastroenterology; 154; e13–14 (2018). PMID: 28865729
• Ong J, Bath MF, Swift C, Al-Naeeb Y. Does colectomy affect the progression of primary sclerosing cholangitis? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Gastroenterology and Hepatology From Bed to Bench; 11(4):277-283 (2018). PMID: 30425805
• Ong J, Mebarek L, Bath M, Swift C, Javaid B, Patel J, Al-Naeeb Y. Interference with the lower gut-liver axis induces remission of primary sclerosing cholangitis in a patient with ulcerative colitis. BMJ Open Gastroenterology; 5(1):e000239 (2018). PMID: 30555709
Reference number 6027132
- BMI The Manor Hospital, Church...
- 14:30 - 18:30
- 01234 364252
- The Bridges Clinic- Bedford Hospital
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01234 792146
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details