- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Breast surgery
Mr Murphy is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon in the Nightingale & Genesis Breast Cancer Prevention Centre, based at the University Hospital of South Manchester. This is one of the largest Breast Units in the UK and also one of the busiest breast screening units.
He graduated in 2000, commencing his career in Breast Surgery in 2001. During his training, he completed prestigious TIG National Fellowships in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery and Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery, under the tutorage of leading Plastic and Breast Reconstructive Surgeons. He completed his surgical training in 2013 and was appointed as a Consultant in South Manchester immediately following this.
His specialist area within the NHS is exclusively breast disease and breast related problems, i.e. breast cancer surgery, breast reconstruction, fat transfer and aesthetic breast surgery.
He is also an active trainer, participating in the teaching of trainee breast and plastic surgeons at both local and national levels. Mr. Murphy has also completed a period of research in surgery culminating in the award of a PhD and has written numerous research papers on breast surgery and presented his work at many national and international conferences.
Areas of interest
Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
Cosmetic Breast Surgery
Male Breast Surgery
- Julie Dennerly
- BMI The Alexandra Hospital Mill Lane CHEADLE SK8 2PX
- 0161 495 7082
- Zoe Metcalf
- Spire Manchester Hospital 170 Barlow Moor Road Didsbury Manchester M20 2AF
- 0161 447 6757
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Revision Breast Surgery
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, plays football regularly, golf when he can and is an active member of a local gym.
TIG National Oncoplastic Fellowship
TIG National Cosmetic Reconstructive Fellowship
Lord Rodney Smith Prize
Amelie Waring Fellowship
Lancet Oncology 2013 - Contralateral Breast Cancer
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery University of Liverpool 2000
- Doctor of Philosophy University of Liverpool 2011
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
- TIG National Cosmetic Reconstructive Fellowship North West Deanery 2013
- TIG National Oncoplastic Fellowship Royal Victoria Infirmary 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Breast Surgery
Bristish Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons