- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I graduated from Bristol University and completed my Higher surgical Training in Wessex. In addition I undertook a one year revision hip fellowship in Exeter including experience in impaction bone grafting for reconstruction of acetabular and femoral bone defects. Prior to taking up my consultant post I undertook a further revision hip and tumour fellowship in Oxford with experience in reconstruction of bony defects using trabecular metal.
Areas of interest
Hip replacement; knee replacement; primary hip surgery; primary knee surgery; surgery for arthritis; arthroscopy; revision hip surgery; revision knee surgery; infected arthroplasty; bone graft; reconstruction surgery; Unicompartmental knee replacement; Arthroscopic meniscectomy; knee arthroscopy;
- Jo Barnes
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital 78 Broyle Road CHICHESTER PO19 6WB
- 01243 753015
- 01243 532244
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Western Sussex NHS Foundation Trust, St Richards Hospital
Infected joint replacements
Triathlon, Running, mountain biking and road cycling, skiing, gardening and travelling
· Revision total hip arthroplasty: the femoral side using cemented implants.
Holt G, Hook S, Hubble M.
Int Orthop. 2011 Feb;35(2):267-73.
· Cemented polished tapered hip replacements in patients less than 50 years of age.
A minimum 10-year follow up.
B Burston, PJ Yates, S Hook, E Moulder, E Whitley, GC Bannister.
J Arthroplasty, 2010 25 (5), 692-699
· The use of post-operative reverse camber shoes following Scarf Osteotomy.
S. Hook, N. Walker, L. Cannon.
Foot and Ankle Surgery, 14 (2008) 190-193
· The Exeter Universal Stem, A minimum Ten year review in an Independent Centre.
S Hook, E Moulder, PJ Yates, B Burston, GC Bannister
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 2006 88B (12), 1584-1590
· Written Communication in Orthopaedic Surgery.
S Hook, GC Bannister, C Topliss, J Webb
The Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons. May 2006
· Severe Anaemia in a 25 Day Old Infant due to Gastric Teratoma with Focal Neuroblastoma.
S Hook, J Williams, C Sergi, R Spicer, D Grier, A Foot
American Journal of Perinatology. Volume 20 (5) 2003, 233-238.
I collect my own pre and post operative Oxford Hip and knee scores for reflection on my practice and for the purpose of appraisal and revalidation.
- MBChB Bristol University 1999
- BSc Anatomical Science Bristol University 1993
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
Reference number 4627584
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Society
Royal College of Surgeons
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital, PO19 6WB
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 01243 753015
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details