- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 8 Jun 2020
- Pain medicine
Dr Aditi Ghei is an expert in Pain management and has been a consultant in this field since 2010. She first trained in Anaesthetics in India and higher training was in Imperial college, and the University Hospital Wales.She treats patients with a range of chronic Painful conditions and is a keen advocate of a multidisciplinary approach to pain management. She believes in the holistic approach to management, integrating techniques like medication management, physiotherapy acupuncture and interventions for patient care.
She is proficient in a broad range of pain intervention techniques including
Spinal X-ray guided procedures- facet joint, medial branch blocks, sacroiliac joint injections, epidurals etc
Peripheral Nerve blocks-Suprascapular, Ilioinguinal, Genitofemoral, Occipital etc
Ultrasound guided pain interventions
Trigger point steroid injections
Areas of interest
Areas of interest
Pain management; Injection techniques for Lower back pain and neck pain including facet joint, sacroiliac joint injections and radiofrequency denervation procedures; Epidural steroid injections; Pelvic pain; CRPS; Neuropathic pain; Musculoskeletal pain; Fibromyalgia; peripheral nerve injections.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently, she is working as a consultant in West Herts NHS trust.
She also practices at the BMI The Garden hospital and Spire Bushey hospital.
Her latest research project was a worldwide multicenter randomised controlled trial on a new medication for opioid induced constipation (COMPOSE II Trial) . Her role is that of principle investigator from West Herts.
She as numerous publications in peer reviewed journals and has presented in national and international meetings.
Fitness, Badminton, movies, music and reading.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Conversational
1. A Ghei, S Khot. A Quantitative and qualitative measurement of efficacy of lidocaine 5% medicated plaster in neuropathic knee pain: A photographic case series. Clinical journal of Pain (submitted for publication March 2012)
2. T. Ivanova Stoilova, A Ghei, S Kadambande. Audit of pharmacological treatment of painful diabetic neuropathies in primary care in Newport, Gwent, UK. European Journal of Pain supplements, 2010 ; 4 (1): 82. (Abstract)
3. A Ghei, I Hodzovic, J Adaezihe-Ejiofor, A Wilkes, W Mapleson. Effect of temperature on success rate for tracheal placement of Frova and BreatheSafe tracheal introducers. European Journal of Anaesthesiology, June 2010;27 (47) 266-7.
4. Ghei A, Khot S. Review Article- Pain management in patients with head and neck carcinoma. Otorhinolaryngology Clinics: An International Journal, Jan-Apr 2010;2(1):69-75
5. Ghei A, I. Hodzovic, A.R Wilkes, I P latto, Effect of temperature on the rigidity of Tracheal tube introducers.BJA 2008;101(4):584-5 (abstract)
6. Gupta R, Ghei A, Gupta MC, Chhabra B, Propofol Requirement for Placement of Laryngeal Mask Airway Versus Cuffed Oropharyngeal Airway. Journal of Anaesthesiology and Clinical Pharmacology. 2002 Jul; 18(3): 262-6
7. Gupta R, Ghei A, Chhabra B.Blood Gas Analysis: Its correlation with patent airway using COPA / LMA.Middle East Journal of Anaesthesiology.June 2002 Vol 16, No 5, 505-8.
8. Gupta R, Ghei A, Chhabra B. A study to compare the efficacy of COPA with LMA in anaesthetised spontaneously breathing patients. Indian J Anaesth. 2003; 47(4): 289-292.
9. Gupta R, Chhabra B, Senthilnathan TA, Bharadwaj M, Ghei A , Thakur A. Critical Care of a pregnant patient with Guillain-Barre syndrome.Indian J. Anaesth. 2003; 47 (1): 50-52
1. Successful management of postsurgical/traumatic neuropathic pain using 5% Lignocaine medicated plaster: Case series of four cases. 13th World Congress on Pain. Montreal, Canada. 29 Aug- Sept 2, 2010
2. Audit of pharmacological treatment of painful diabetic neuropathies in Primary Care in Newport, Gwent, UK. Third international congress on neuropathic pain Athens, Greece, 27-30 May 2010. Presented- Society of Anaesthetists (SAW) meeting. Swansea. September 2009
3. Effect of temperature on success rate for tracheal placement of Frova and BreatheSafe tracheal introducers. Euroanaesthesia Helsiki June 12-15 2010
- DA , Diploma in anaesthesia MDU, Rohtak India 1998
- DNB, Diplomate National Board National Board, India 2000
- MNAMS National Academy of medical sciences, India 2002
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2006
- FFPMRCA Faculty of Pain Medicine, RCOA 2010
Reference number 6038074
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Anaesthetists
Medical Defense Union
General Medical Council
British Pain Society
Difficult airway society
Faculty of pain medicine
European society of anaesthesia
- BMI kings oak
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 020 8370 9500
- one Hatfield hospital
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 01707 443333
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.