- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I Specialize in Foot and Ankle Surgery and Paediatric Orthopaedics.
Areas of interest
• Sports injuries to foot and ankle • Ankle arthritis surgery • Ankle fusions / replacements • Ankle ligament reconstruction • Tendon disorders like tendo-achilles rupture / tendinopathy • Tibialis posterior tendon disorders • Hindfoot and midfoot disorders • Flat feet / cavus feet / club feet • Plantar fascitis surgery / excision of mortons neuroma • Bunion surgery / hammer toe correction •
All aspects of paediatric orthopaedic surgery
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Amit Soodan MD Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Published several papers in peer reviewed journals.
I have wriiten text book chapters in Leading orthopaedic textbooks like Mercers textbook of Orthopaedics and Elbow disorders by David stanley
I like playing badminton, swimming and travelling
I was a gold medallist in my Final MBBS exam and was the best outgoing student in my medical school.
(Additional) Languages spoken
Lahoti O, Bajaj SK. Is there a role for lengthening flexor hallucis and flexor digitorum longus tendons in surgery for club foot?: A Preliminary Report. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008;90-B(6):801-802
• Houshian S, Bajaj SK, Mohammed AM. Salvage of Osteoporotic Ankle Fracture after Failed Primary Fixation with an Ankle Arthrodesis nail:-A Report on 4 Cases. INJURY. 2006;37:791-794.
• Houshian S,Bajaj SK. Forearm fractures in children. Single bone fixation with elastic stable intramedullary nailing in 20 cases.INJURY 2005;36(12):1421-6.
• Bajaj SK,Mohan NR,Kumar CS. Supracondylar Femoral Nail in the management of non-union of humeral shaft fracture.INJURY 2004; 523-527.
• Mangaleshkar SR,Bajaj SK, Thomas AP.Denham Total Knee Arthroplasty –A 10- year follow-up study.Arthroplasty 2002;17(5):550-5.
- FRCS (Glasgow), FRCS ( Trauma & Orthopaedics) London Deanery 2010
Reference number 5199338
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedics Queen Elizabeth Hospital Woolwich 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sunil Kumar Bajaj, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
BSCOS- British chidren orthopaedic society
BOFAS- British Foot and Ankle Society
- BMI The Blackheath Hospital
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 020 8297 6407
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Sunil Kumar Bajaj