- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Daniel Tweedie is one of a small number of Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) surgeons in the UK working mainly with children, many of whom have very complex medical needs.
He grew up in South West London. He completed undergraduate medical degrees at Cambridge University, where he was awarded a Distinction in his Final MB Medicine examinations and a Cambridge Blue in the University Boat Race. He undertook specialist training in London in all areas of children's and adult ENT, including a fellowship in Paediatric ENT at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He was appointed as a Consultant in ENT at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in January 2013.
Mr Tweedie's NHS practice is mainly based at the Evelina London Children's Hospital. He covers all aspects of Paediatric ENT, and he also manages adult emergency cases at Guy’s, St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospitals. He sees children and adults privately at Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon and at St Thomas' and Evelina London Children's Hospital, covering all aspects of paediatric ENT and general adult ENT.
Areas of interest
All aspects of paediatric ENT; General adult ENT; Tonsils and Tonsillectomy (minimally invasive surgery); Snoring and sleep apnoea in children;
Adenoids and Adenoidectomy; Glue ear and grommets; head and neck lumps in children.
- Lorna Millen
- Secretary to Mr Daniel Tweedie c/o Parkside Hospital 53 Parkside London SW19 5NX
- 020 7164 6447
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Devendra Mahtani Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric ENT Surgeon, Evelina Children's Hospital, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Tracheostomy in children
Sleep apnoea in children
Tonsil and adenoid surgery
Vascular anomalies of the head and neck
Head and neck surgery in children
All aspects of paediatric ENT and general adult ENT.
Courses offered to GPs
I have given a number of talks covering aspects of Paediatric ENT at GP VTS training days and at individual practices. I am very happy to offer these, to cater for particular practice requirements.
- MB BChir (MB Pass with Distinction) University of Cambridge 2001
- MA Medical Sciences University of Cambridge 2003
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2005
- DIploma in Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery (DO-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2005
- Diploma in Child Health (DCH) Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2008
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
- Fellowship in Paediatric ENT Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children 2012
Reference number 6040325
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Council member British Association for Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology 2014
- ENT Representative on the UK Children's Surgical Forum Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- Training Programme Director for ENT in South London London Deanery 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Otolaryngology (ENT), 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Association for Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology
Children's Surgical Forum, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- BUPA Cromwell Hospital164-178 Cromwell RoadLondon
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 020 7460 5700
- Parkside Hospital, 53 Parkside, Wimbledon, London
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 020 8971 8026
- Parkside Hospital53 Parkside WimbledonLondon
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 020 8971 8026
- The Portland Hospital for Women and Children,...
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 020 7390 8020
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 7188 7188 (St Thomas' and Evelina)
020 8971 8000 (Parkside)
0207 4605991 (Cromwell)