- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 14 Apr 2020
I am a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at Circle Reading Hospital and Spire Dunedin Hospital in Berkshire.
I qualified in 1993 and completed post-graduate orthopaedic training in India. I did my Basic Surgical Training rotation in Wales 2001-03. I completed his Specialist Registrar training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the North-West Thames orthopaedic rotation.
As part of the rotation, I trained as a Spinal Fellow at Reading for a year. I also completed another year of Spinal Fellowship at the Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham which is an internationally reputed spinal centre.
I have worked as a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at the Hull and East Yorkshire NHS trust from 2011 to 2013, before taking up my current job at the Royal Berkshire Hospital where I have been a Consultant Spinal Surgeon for 7 years.
I am fully trained in all aspects of spinal surgery including cervical and lumbar degenerative conditions, tumour, trauma, and scoliosis. I have regularly participated in research activities, achieving publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at international meetings.
Areas of interest
Microdiscectomy; Spinal Decompression; Spinal Fusion; Disc Replacement; Spinal Injections
- Nicola Pizzey
- Circle Hospital 100 Drake Way READING RG2 0NE
- 0118 922 6938
- Sally Allen
- Spire Dunedin Hospital 16 Bath Road READING RG1 6NS
- 0118 955 3444
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Jerome G Cockings Not Fee Assured
- Berkshire Private Anaesthesia Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Spinal Surgeon,
Royal Berkshire Hospital,
Reading RG1 5AN
- F.R.C.S. Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2009
- European Diploma in Spinal Surgery Eurospine Foundation 2012
- M.Sc Orthopaedic Engineering Cardiff University 2006
- M.S. Orthopaedic Surgery Dr. MGR Medical University India 2000
- D.Ortho Dr. MGR Medical University India 1996
- MBBS Madras University 1993
Reference number 5207906
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
British Association of Spinal Surgeons
British Orthopaedic Association
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.