- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Current NHS consultant posts held
Countess of Chester Hospital Foundation NHS Trust
Chester Ch2 1UL
National Bronze Clinical Excellence Award
AAGBI "Association" Award
AAGBI past Vice-President medal
AAGBI Pask Certificate of Honour
49 citations in PubMed, see;https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=tighe+sq
Anaesthesia. 2016 Oct;71(10):1242-3. doi: 10.1111/anae.13613.
Ultra-low dose spinal anaesthesia for hip fracture surgery.Tighe SQ.
93.6% have mild or no pain postoperatively in the theatre recovery area.
Only 12.9% had moderate nausea or vomiting.
100% were satisfied with their anaesthetic care, 83.9% being very satisfied.
87.1% would definitely recommend my service to friends or family and 12.9% would probably do so.
100% were satisfied with pain therapy and 71% were very satisfied.
There have been no anaesthetic related infections, re-admissions, ITU transfers or mortality in the last 10 years.
- MBBS London University 1978
- MRCS LRCP Conjoint Examination Board 1978
- FRCA Faculty of Anaesthetists, Royal College of Surgeons 1984
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training Faculty of Anaesthetists, Royal College of Surgeons 1989
Reference number 2446981
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Vice President Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI) 2016
- Immediate Past President Regional Anaesthesia UK 2017
- Elected Council Member Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI) 2014
- Chairman of the Independent Practice Committee Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI) 2014
- President Regional Anaesthesia UK 2015
- Chairman of the Local Negotiating Committee Countess of Chester Hospital 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthesia, 1989
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Anaesthetists
Association of Anaesthetists of GB&I
Regional Anaesthesia UK
British Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details