- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 26 Nov 2020
- Video and telephone consultations
I offer brief therapy, and longer term counselling to individual adults.
My counselling approach is primarily person-centred, while also drawing on other approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)' Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and coaching, so that I may provide you with the best support to suit your needs.
I began my counselling work as a Bereavement Support Volunteer with Cruse Bereavement Care NI from 2004 to 2009.
Since completing my Advanced Diploma in Person-centred Counselling in 2007, I have counselled within a broad range of settings:
> in post-primary schools;
> within the community in North and West Belfast;
> in affiliation with local and International Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providers;
> in private practice in North and South Dublin;
> in private practice in Belfast.
I am a qualified online therapist, with professional membership of the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
I offer face-to-face and online video (or audio only) sessions, as well as telephone sessions to individual adults.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Bereavement & Loss; Coping with life changes: Depression; Family-related issues; Finding meaning in life; Health-related issues; Life stage transitions; Redundancy; Relationship issues; Self-esteem; Stress; Trauma; Work-related issues.
- Certificate in Counselling Queen's University Belfast 2004
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling Queen's University Belfast 2006
- BACP Accredited Advanced Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling Queen's University Belfast 2007
- General Certificate in Online Therapy Academy for Online Counselling & Psychotherapy 2020
- Diploma in the Art & Science of Neuro-Linguistic Programming Awaken School 2011
- Diploma in Life Coaching Mindstream Success Coaching & Training 2019
- Certificate In Life Coaching Mindstream Success Coaching & Training 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Registered Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
Member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
Member of the Association for Coaching.
I am an Affiliate Counsellor with the following Employee Assistance Programme providers:
Abate Counselling & EAP Ltd