- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
- Family Therapy
I am an experienced clinical psychologist working at the Beechwood Clinic in Cambridge. I worked for the NHS for sixteen years in community mental health teams and primary care settings.
I now work privately, and see people from all of walks of life with a wide range of psychological difficulties.
I use Compassion Focused Therapy as well as mindfulness and CBT, and find this particularly helpful for people with high levels of self-criticism. This often exacerbates anxiety, depression, and other emotional difficulties.
Areas of interest
Clinical psychologist; compassion focused therapy (CFT); cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT); anxiety; phobias; depression; self-esteem, trauma including PTSD; obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); self-criticism and shame; parenting
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of Wales, Bangor 1997
- MSc. Cognitive Neuropsychology Birkbeck College, University of London 1993
- BSc (Hons) Combined Studies (major Psychology): 2(i) University of Hertfordshire 1991
- Postgraduate Certificate - Compassion Focused Therapy University of Derby 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Registered as a Chartered Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as Caroline Baker.
Member of the British Psychological Society, and the Division of Clinical Psychology