- Fee assured
- Verified account
I am a Specialist Speech & Language Therapist with 30 years of experience in treating a variety of speech, language and swallowing problems. My area of specialism is in voice disorders including hoarse voice, vocal nodules, throat cancer rehabilitation, complete voice loss, vocal cord paralysis, stress-related voice problems, throat discomfort, laryngospasm and chronic cough. I also assess swallowing disorders and treat a variety of speech difficulties such as neurological speech disorders (dysarthria) and articulation/pronunciation difficulties.
I also have a MSc in Personalised Nutrition and a Diploma with the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine. I have a special interest in treating reflux-related voice disorders through diet and lifestyle management.
Areas of interest
Laryngeal manual therapy;
Muscle tension dysphonia;
Vocal cord palsy;
Neurogenic speech disorder;
Speech problems as a result of oral surgery;
Adults with pronunciation difficulties
Vocal tract discomfort
Inducible laryngeal obstruction
Dietary management of reflux
- Spire hospital - Hull & East Riding
- Lucy K. Swain, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
- Lucy K. Swain, Specialist in Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine
Current NHS consultant posts held
Worked with East Yorkshire NHS Trusts from 1990 - 2012 and currently working independently.
Reflux and food allergy
- Diploma in Lifestyle Medicine British Society of Lifestyle Medicine and International Board of Lifestyle Medicine 2020
- MSc Personalised Nutrition Centre for Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Medicine and Middlesex University 2017
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy UK College of Nutrition and Health (BCNH 2014
- BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Pathology Manchester University 1990
- ENT and Voice Internship Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham 1994
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice
Member of British Laryngological Society
Member of British Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- Spire Hull & East Riding Hospital Lowfield...
- 09:00 - 20:00
- 07847 127488
- Spire Hull & East Riding HospitalLowfield...
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 07847 127488
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: lucy_7652