- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
A consultant for over 20 years, I perform/report nerve conduction and EMG, Evoked potentials and EEG.
Areas of interest
- Karen Murray
- Clinical Neurophysiology Poole Hospital Longfleet Road POOLE BH15 2JB
- 01202 442396
- 01202 442762
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant, Poole Hospital, Longfleet Road, Poole, BH15 2JB.
Sensory loss and motor control
Subjective experience of chronic neurological impairment
Arts and literature
Unsuccessful avoidance of gardening
over 100 papers on motor control, sensory loss, chronic pain, facial impairment and the experience of chronic impairment.
Six books four of which are single author, including;
The Paradoxical Brain, Cambridge, N Kapur Editor, as joint editor.
Pride and a Daily Marathon, The MIT Press.
About Face, The MIT Press
Still Lives, The MIT Press
The Invisible Smile, OUP.
Courses offered to GPs
Available for talks, but not approached often.
My last patient satisfaction survey had above exceptional levels of satisfaction
- Oxford University Brasenose College 1971
- The Middlesex Hospital Medical School London University 1975
- University Laboratory of Physiology Oxford 1974
- University Laboratory of Physiology Oxford 1981
- Wessex Neurological Centre Southampton 1982
- Wessex Neurological Centre Southampton 1985
Reference number 2443861
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Director, Medicine Poole Hospital 2012
- Clinical Lead, Clinical Neurophysiology Poole Hospital 2012
- Secretary/treasurer, European Chapter, International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology IFCN 2015
- Member at Large, EC-IFCN IFCN 2013
- International Secretary British Society for Clinical Neurophysiology 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Neurophysiology, 1990
Affiliations / memberships
Member, British Society for Clinical Neurophysiology
Member, Association of British Neurologists
Member, The Physiological Society
- Clinical Neurophysiology Poole Hospital...
- 12:30 - 15:30
- 01202 442396
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.