- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Charlie Talbot is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in Harrogate with a specialist interest in treating conditions of the shoulder and elbow.
Charlie trained in the Yorkshire region before embarking on Fellowship training at two internationally recognised units within the UK: the Wrightington Upper Limb Unit, an Orthopaedic Centre of Excellence, and at the Department of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery in Sheffield.
Charlie Talbot specialises in keyhole (arthroscopic) shoulder and elbow surgery, as well as offering open surgery for conditions such as joint replacement for arthritis. He also offers a general Orthopaedic trauma service within the NHS, and has an interest in shoulder and elbow trauma/injuries.
Areas of interest
Shoulder and elbow surgery; Sports and Upper limb surgery
- Michelle Swaby
- Harrogate District Hospital Lancaster Park Road HARROGATE HG2 7SX
- 01423 553653
- 07701 310885
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon with a Specialist Interest in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Harrogate District Hospital.
Mr Talbot takes a keen interest in research. He undertook a postgraduate Masters Degree by Research in Biomechanical Engineering at the University of Leeds and is a published author in a number of orthopaedic journals. Charlie continues to attend meetings and conferences to both further his education and present his work. In addition, he is a member of the British Shoulder and Elbow Society.
1. An objective assessment of safety to drive in an upper limb cast
Journal of Hand Surgery: European Volume March 2013
2. Reconstruction of chronic anterior sternoclavicular joint dislocations using a Palmaris longus autograft.
Shoulder & Elbow. 2012
3 Results of accelerated postoperative rehabilitation using novel "suture frame" repair of Achilles tendon rupture.
J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012
4. An unusual case of enthesophyte formation following an adductor longus rupture in a high-level athlete.
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010
5. Arthroscopic removal of a plastic soft drink bottle cap in the knee: a case report.
Cases Journal. 2010
6. Adductor-related groin pain in recreational athletes: role of the adductor enthesis, magnetic resonance imaging, and entheseal pubic cleft injections.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery [Am] 2009
7. 'Neck-line' incision for open reduction and internal fixation of the clavicle.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl.
8. Hip pain in young adults and the role of hip arthroscopy Orthopaedics and Trauma.
9. Femoral neck stress fractures in military personnel--a case series.
J Royal Army Med Corps.
10. Acute avulsion of the fibrocartilage origin of the adductor longus in professional soccer players: a report of two cases.
Clin J Sport Med.
11. Adductor-related groin pain in competitive athletes. Role of adductor enthesis, magnetic resonance imaging, and entheseal pubic cleft injections.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery [Am]
12. Secondary prevention of osteoporosis: Calcium, Vitamin D and bisphosphonate prescribing following distal radial fracture.
13. Musculoskeletal Tuberculosis in Bradford – A Six Year Review.
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons.
14. Early experience with Linezolid for infections in orthopaedics.
15. Osteoporotic femoral fracture in a child with propionic acidaemia presenting as non-accidental injury.
European Journal of Paediatrics
16. Partial Rupture of the Semitendinosus Tendon Treated by Tenotomy – A Previously Undescribed Entity.
17. Partial rupture of the adductor longus complicated by myositis ossificans.
INVITED REVIEW ARTICLES
1. Shoulder Tendon Transfer for Rotator Cuff Deficient Shoulders
Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
2. Management of Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears
Orthopaedics and Trauma
3. Osteoporosis and its impact on Orthopaedics
Orthopaedic and Trauma Times
Courses offered to GPs
Education Seminars on Conditions of the Shoulder and / or Elbow. Contact via email@example.com
- MBChB University of Leeds 2000
- MSc Engineering University of Leeds 2006
- FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedics Intercollegiate Surgical Board 2010
- Fellowship Wrightington Upper Limb Unit 2011
- Fellowship Sheffield Shoulder and Elbow Unit 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Shoulder and Elbow Society
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Orthopaedic Association
British Trauma Society.
- BMI The Duchy Hospital, HG2 0HF
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01423 567136
- BMI The Duchy Hospital, HG2 0HF
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01423 567136
- Spire Leeds Hospital, LS8 1NT
- 13:00 - 16:30
- 0113 269 3939
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details