- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Pain medicine
Dr Rajib Dutta trained in South East England in pain medicine and anaesthetics, part of his training being at Guys & St Thomas Hospitals and Kings College Hospital. He has obtained the FRCA and FFPMRCA from the Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK.
He was appointed as a consultant in Pain Medicine at Ashford & St Peter’s Hospital since December 2012.
Having worked in the pain medicine departments of nine hospitals over a period of five years, Dr Dutta has acquired a wide experience in managing chronic pain in a variety of patients and using multimodal and multidisciplinary techniques. He is proficient in ultrasound guided nerve injections. He is very good in x- ray guided facet joint radio frequency ablation or denervation, sacroiliac joint denervation and is competent in selective nerve root blocks. He has also implanted spinal cord stimulators.
Areas of interest
Dr Dutta uses a multimodal multidisciplinary approach to manage patients in chronic pain;
Radiofrequency denervation of Facet joint nerves and Sacroiliac joint nerves for persistent and chronic low back pain;
Transforaminal epidural steroid injection ( Nerve root injection ) for Sciatica and leg pain;
Ultrasound guided radiofrequency treatment for shoulder and neck pain;
ultrasound guided injections for headaches (cervicogenic headache); pain after laparoscopic cholecystectomy ( gall bladder operation), Hernia repair operations;
He also does injections around the hips and knees for pain on the legs, also after hip and knee replacement surgeries;
He is equally experienced in managing patients with fibromyalgia,complex regional pain syndrome,cancer, pelvic and urogenital pain;
He regularly teaches GPs, Physiotherapists and helps them to manage chronic pain conditions;
He has implanted spinal cord stimulators.
- Nuffield Hospital Woking
- BMI Runnymede
- Pain Charity
- Capsaicin publication in Pain News, British Pain Society
- Journal of Anaesthesia Practice Article
- Implantation of Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Website of Ashford St Peter's, with consultant details
- Website of Ashford St Peter's, with Patient Information leaflet details
- WGC Partnership: Pain
- Personal Webpage
- Ramsay Health Ashtead
- NHS Choices website, Patient review
Current NHS consultant posts held
Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Pulsed Radiofrequency treatment in Radicular Pain.
Pain Education Charity
• P di Vadi, M Pedro, J Sheppard, R Dutta. The effect of Capsaicin 8% patch in patients with peripheral neuropathic pain following surgery. A case report study. Pain News; Dec 2013
• Dutta R, Di Vadi P, Hamann W. Calming Nerves over Spinal Pain Treatment. Journal of Anaesthesia Practice;April 2013
• Elalingam T, Dutta R, Block R. Survey of Bu Trans use in Ashford and St Peters NHS Foundation Trust chronic pain service. Journal of Observational Pain Medicine (Published in November 2012)
• Dutta R, Ward S .Implantation of spinal cord stimulator in a patient with cancer pain. Journal of Anaesthesia Practice;Feb2012;1:208-211
• Dutta R, Patel N, Quereshi S. Ankle blocks under ultrasound guidance. Journal of Anaesthesia Practice ;Dec 2011;5:170-173
• Dutta R, AL Shaikh B, Gopalakhrishnan S. Humidifiers and Humidification. CPD Anaesthesia; Aug 2006 ; 8(2): 77-81
• Duttagupta S, Dutta R, Mukherjee P et al. Hyperthermia; Its anaesthetic implications in emergency surgery. Bulletin of the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata; 2004; 3:12-13
Courses offered to GPs
Management of lower back and leg pain.
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
Medications for chronic pain.
- MBBS University of Calcutta, India 1996
- DA University of Calcutta, India 2002
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK 2007
- FFPMRCA Faculty of Pain Medicine,Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK 2011
Reference number 5194841
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- GMC General Medical Council 2004
- Royal College of Anaesthetists RCOA, UK 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
The British Pain Society
The Royal College of Anaesthetists, United Kingdom
Pain Education Special Interest Group, British Pain Society
The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
The Difficult Airway Society, United Kingdom
- Ashtead Hospital, KT21 2SB
- 12:00 - 14:30
- 01483 751293
- BMI The Runnymede Hospital, KT16 0RQ
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01483 751293
- Nuffield Health Woking Hospital, GU21 4BY
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01483 751293
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Between 09:00 - 16:00 Weekdays
01483 751293/07483 127675
Private Out of Hours for :
Nuffield Woking:01483 227800
BMI Runnymede: 01932 877800
Ashtead Hospital: 01372 221400