- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a consultant psychiatrist with expertise in depression, anxiety disorders, OCD, stress related conditions including PTSD, bipolar and psychotic disorders and medically unexplained symptoms (e.g. non-epileptic seizures, health anxiety etc). I specialise in managing psychological well being and mental health in the patients suffering from physical conditions such as cancer, terminal illnesses and long term conditions (e.g. cardiovascular, COPD, diabetes, chronic pain etc)
Areas of interest
• Mental health in patients suffering from physical health problems e.g. cancer, cardiovascular problems, COPD etc.
• Psychotic disorders (e.g schizophrenia), mood disorders (e.g. depression, bipolar disorder, manic disorder) and anxiety disorders (e.g. panic, phobia, OCD & PTSD).
• Medically unexplained symptoms (including unexplained pain, non-epileptic seizures, Somatoform disorders, dissociative disorders etc)
• Occupational mental health & Stress related conditions, including PTSD.
• Psychological approaches in pain management e.g. fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome; Mental health in patients suffering with long term conditions including chronic pain.
• Electroconvulsive therapy
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- MBBS, MD, MRCPsych The Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK 2007
- Certificate of completion of Training GMC 2010
Reference number 6065352
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Executive committee member Royal College of Psychiatrist 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Psychiatry & Liaison psychiatry, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.