- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Lam has been a consultant surgeon based at UHCW NHS Trust, Coventry since 1991. His initial training was completed in Manchester and Leeds Teaching Hospitals.
His area of clinical interest is hepatobiliary (gall bladder, liver and pancreas), laparoscopic hernia surgery, bariatric surgery (gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy) and thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy; Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair; Laparoscopic adrenalectomy; Laparoscopic splenectomy; Laparosocopic distal pancreatectomy; Liver resection; Laparoscopic gastric band; Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy; Thyroidectomy; Parathyroidectomy - minimally invasive; Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Helen Smith
- BMI The Meriden Hospital Walsgrave Hospital Clifford Bridge Road COVENTRY CV2 2LQ
- 024 7664 7084
- 024 7604 73137
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Surgeon at UHCW NHS Trust Coventry, ex Divisional Medical Director in Surgery.
Keeping fit and active
English and Cantonese
- MBChB University of Manchester 1978
- MD University of Manchester 1990
- FRCSE Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1983
- Sabbatical Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong 2013
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI The Meriden Hospital, CV2 2LQ
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 024 7664 7000
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital, CV32 6RW
- 12:00 - 13:00
- 024 7650 2251
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please ring BMI The Meriden Hospital on 02476 647 000