- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
Hip Replacement; Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement; Revision Hip Replacement; Hip Pain; Hip Injection; Trochanteric Bursitis Injection and Surgery; Hip Fracture; Femur Fracture; Periprosthetic Fracture; Knee Replacement; Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement; Partial Knee Replacement; Revision Knee Replacement; Knee Arthroscopy; Knee Ligament Reconstruction; Knee pain; Knee Injury; Cartilage surgery; Knee Meniscal Surgery; ACL Surgery; Knee Injection; Fracture around Knee
- Lee Currivan
- Rowley Hall Hospital Rowley Avenue STAFFORD ST17 9AQ
- 01785 238620
- 01785 249532
- Yvonne Lindop-Upell
- Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital Clayton Road Stoke on Trent ST5 4DB
- 01782 478276
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Shammimul Haque Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Stoke on Trent
Minimally invasive hip and knee surgery, Partial knee replacement, Enhanced recovery in joint replacement surgery
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
1. Advanced wear of an Oxinium femoral head implant following polyethylene liner dislocation. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013. 95.
2. Decision making for knee replacement: variation in treatment choice for late stage medial compartment osteoarthritis. Knee. 2012 Dec;19(6):886-9.
3. Sensitivity, Specificity and Predictor Values of raised serum metal ions for the diagnosis of Adverse Reaction to Metal Debris (ARMD) in symptomatic Metal on Metal bearing hips. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012 Aug; 94(8):1045-50.
4. E-letter to ‘Metal-on-metal bearings: Evidence so far. Haddad, et al’. http://web.jbjs.org.uk/cgi/eletters/93-B/5/572#5590, 22 May 2011
5. Rapid, spontaneously resolving osteolysis of the hand. Orthopedics. 2007 Jan; 30(1):65-6.
6. Radiation exposure to patients in lower limb trauma surgery. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2007 Jan; 17(1):17-21
7. Trauma surgery and risk of radiation injury to patients. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2007 Jan; 17(1):23-8
8. Computer assisted orthopaedic surgical system for insertion of distal locking screws in intra-medullary nails: a valid and reliable navigation system. Int J Med Robot 2005 Dec;1(4):34-44.
9. Validations of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgical System for insertion of distal locking screws for intramedullary nails. Procs. Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, CARS 2004. International Congress Series 1268. 2004;614-19
10. Assessment of femoral neck shaft angle using Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgical System (CAOSS). Procs. Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, CARS 2004. International Congress Series 1268. 2004;1293.
11. Phantom based approach to fluoroscopic navigation for orthopaedic surgery. Proceedings of Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI) Conference 2004. Springer Verlag. 2004; Part 2; 621-628.
12. Emergency repair of groin herniae: Outcome and implications for elective surgery waiting times. Int J Clin Pract. 2004; 58(2):207
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk/SurgeonProfile?gmccode=5199591
- MBBS MS University, INDIA 1998
- MRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2002
- FRCS (T&O) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2009
- Lower Limb Arthroplasty and Reconstruction Fellowship Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London 2010
Reference number 5199591
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma and Arthroscopy Association (BOSTAA)
- Nuffield Health, North Staffordshire Hospital,...
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 01782 478276
- Rowley ParkSTAFFORDST17 9AQ
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01785 223203
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Rowley Hall Ward
North Staffordshire Hospital, Nuffield Health