- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
Mr Anil Hemandas works as a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon at the BMI Saxon Clinic and at the Milton Keynes University Hospital Foundation NHS Trust. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery.
Mr Hemandas graduated from the University of Health Sciences and has had his higher surgical training and colorectal subspecialisation in the Wessex region where his advanced laparoscopic skills were further developed working for a year at the National Laparoscopic Training unit in Portsmouth. He was also competitively awarded and completed a year's fellowship at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh followed by St Marks Hospital, Harrow, London. He has published and delivered presentations nationally and internationally on Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery.
Mr Hemandas specialises in general and colorectal surgery and has a specific interest in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical techniques as well as enhanced recovery after surgery. He provides a comprehensive general surgical service including incisional and groin hernia surgery as well as laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal). He also delivers specialist care in colon and rectal cancer surgery, diverticular disease, inflammatory bowel disease, rectal prolapse and all aspects of minor proctology including pilonidal sinus, haemorrhoids and anal fissure and fistula disease.
Areas of interest
• Laparoscopic surgery for Bowel Cancer • Crohn's Disease and Colitis • Modern Treatment of Haemorrhoids • Anal Fissure • Anal Fistula • Laparoscopic Gallbladder and Hernia surgery; Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic procedures
- Julie Elfasi
- Saxon Clinic Chadwick Drive Eaglestone West MILTON KEYNES MK6 5LR
- 01908 232142
- 07969 985756
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Suresh Menon Fee Assured
- Milton Keynes Cons. Anaesthetists Not Fee Assured
- Dr Joseph A Cooney Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General and Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeon, Milton Keynes University Hospital Foundation NHS Trust, Milton Keynes
Improving clinical and oncological outcomes in Colorectal Cancer treatment.
Early diagnosis of bowel cancer.
Best speaker awards
Clinical Excellence Award points
Several publications on minimally invasive bowel surgery in High Impact peer reviewed journals
- FRCS Specialty Royal College of Surgeons 2010
- MSc National University of Singapore 2003
- FRCS Gen Royal College of Surgeons 2000
Reference number 5175489
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT - Completion of Specialist Training, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- BMI The Saxon Clinic, MK6 5LR
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 01908 232142
- Saxon StreetEaglestoneMILTON KEYNESMK6 5LR
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01908 232142
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details