- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Elland Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Oculoplastic surgery
Mr Oworu is a fully trained Cataract and Oculoplastic Surgeon. He has over 35 years experience as a doctor.
He is currently a Consultant Ophthalmologist at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. (CHFT)
He was the Clinical Director and Head of Ophthalmology dept at CHFT
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Premium lens cataract surgery; General Ophthalmology; Dry eyes; Cosmetic eye surgery; Oculoplastic surgery; Dry eyes; Facial skin cancer;
- Fiona Fraser
- Huddersfield Royal Infirmary Acre Street HUDDERSFIELD HD3 3EA
- 01484 343306
- 07092 235053
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist.at Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
Numerous publications in international journals including International Ophthalmology, Investigative ophthalmology and British Journal of Ophthalmology.
15 presentations at National & International Conferences including British Oculoplastic Surgical Society, European Society of Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery, World Glaucoma Congress and World Ophthalmology Congress.
I am an assessor for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. Doctors can apply for a Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) if they feel they are of the same standard as someone who has recently obtained a Certificate of Completion of training in UK. This is to ensure the highest standard of patient care and safety. It is important to ensure that this standard is maintained as the decision to grant a CESR will allow the applicant to be appointed a Consultant in the NHS.
Best presenter at the OSN annual congress 2009
Best Poster award, OSN annual congress. 2009
25 publication/presentation at national and international journal/conferences including Eye journal (official Journal of Royal College of Ophthalmologists), International Journal of Ophthalmology and World Ophthalmology Congress
Courses offered to GPs
• How to interpret optician letters
• Management of a red eye
• Cataract surgery: dos and don'ts
• Ophthalmology emergencies
• Referral guidelines for ophthalmology
I have over 25 years of experience in Ophthalmology and have performed in excess of 3000 cataract surgery with excellent results.
(NHS and Private Practice)
• Readmission within 28 days of discharge= 0%
• Readmission within 28 days of surgery = 0%
• Infection (Endophthalmitis) following cataract surgery = 0%
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2015
- MBBS University of Ibadan 1984
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 1995
- FWACS West African College of Surgeons 1993
- MCMI Chartered Management Institute, UK 2010
- Higher Surgical Training Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Scotland 1998
- Oculoplastic Fellowship Maidstone Hospital, Kent 2006
Reference number 4289490
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary & Calderdale Royal Hospital Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Trusts 2015
- Member, External Reference Group (ERG). National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). 2013
- CESR Assessor Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Member, Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Member, North of England Ophthalmological Society
Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Member, External Reference Group of National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Member, British Medical Association Member, Chartered Management Institute (UK)
- Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, HD3 3EA
- 18:00 - 19:00
- 01484 347316
- Spire Elland Hospital, HX5 9EB
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01422 324020
- Spire Elland Hospital, HX5 9EB
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01422 324000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details