- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
Mr Saunders qualified from University College London in 1993 and was accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 1997. He was appointed as a Consultant General Surgeon at Barnet Hospital in 2008.
Mr Saunders is a Colorectal Surgeon who is proficient at laparoscopic surgery for gall stone disease, hernia repair and bowel cancer. He has undertaken research into post operative pain following laparoscopic surgery.
Mr Saunders is a keen advocate for the use of day surgery has published many articles on this topic. He is a member of the British Association of Day Surgey and is the Surgical Lead for the Day Surgery Unit at Barnet & Chase Farm Hospitals.
Areas of interest
I am a General Surgeon who has a sub-speciality interest in Colorectal Surgery, providing a full range of sub-speciality consultation and surgery within this speciality including laparoscopic surgery e.g. hernia repairs, gall bladder surgery, haemorrhoid surgery and laparoscopic colorectal surgery. I also perform gastroscopy and colonoscopy examinations.
- Ms Linda Newton
- BMI Cavell Hospital, Cavell Drive Uplands Park Rd, Enfield EN2 7PR
- 020 8375 1912
- 020 8362 3767
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Colorectal Surgeon
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Barnet & Chase Farm Hospitals
Post operative pain following Laparoscopic Surgery
Certificate of Commendation at ASGBI
Lloyd Bland Prize in Clinical Science
T.C. Yu Elective Period Award.
Clothworkers' Foundation Bursary
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery University College London 1993
- MSc(Surgical Science) Imperial College London 1998
- Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery University of Strasbourg 1999
- FRCSEd(Gen.Surg) Royal College of SUrgeons in Edinburgh 2004
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instuctor Americann College of Surgeons 1999
- BSc(Hons) Pharmacology University College London 1989
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC - Specialist Register, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland
Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
British Association of Day Surgery
British Medical Association
European Association for Endoscopic Surgery
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeon in Edinburgh
- BMI The Cavell Hospital, EN2 7PR
- 14:30 - 18:00
- 020 8362 3646
- BMI The Kings Oak Hospital, EN2 8SD
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 020 8362 3646
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.