- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist having worked within the NHS and private sector for over 20 years.
I work face to face online and offer telephone therapy
I trained initially at Metanoia Institute where I was awarded my MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy, I Completed a Post Graduate Diploma in CBT therapy in 2012 at Salomons, Canterbury Christ Church University.
I have also completed EMDR trauma training parts 1,2 & 3 and am accredited with the EMDR Association. I have a range of useful therapies I am able to offer depending on your individual needs.
My previous posts:
The Maudsley Hopsital Addictions Service 1995 - 2001 & Perinatal Services 2001 - 2002;
The Priory Hospital Hayes, Kent. Psychotherapist, Eating disorders Service 2002-2003
Primary Care Counselling Service Lambeth London 2003 -2006;
Macmillan and Kent & Medway Cancer Network, 2007-2009
Kent & Medway Primary Partnership Trust, Secondary Care Psychological services Locum Posts , 2006 & 2009.
IAPT Psychological service East London NHS Trust 2009 - 2019
IAPT psychological service Brighton & Hove NHS 2010- 2013
IAPT psychological service Kent & Medway NHS
2013 - 2015
Areas of interest
EMDR Trained therapist EMDR Association Registered;
Speciality : Depression and anxiety,Trauma, pain, cancer, physical health conditions,relationships.;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain, Cancer
- relationship issues
- Sleep problems
- work related issues
‘Coping with the Emotional and Psychological
Affects of Cancer’ booklet
Luke K, & A Minihane 2002
Kent & Medway Cancer Network
Won BMA Award as highly recommended patient information 2003
Luke, K & Minihane, A; ( 2002) Final Project Report, Building Resistance; Developing Improved Supportive and Psychosocial Care for Patients Diagnosed with Cancer. Macmillan & Kent & Medway Cancer Network
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy Metanoia Institute 2002
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Salomons, Canterbury Christ Church University 2012
- EMDR trauma therapy Richman EMDR London 2008 & EMDR Extra 2014 2008
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences London Metropolitan University 1989
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Therapy, 2012
- EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner, 2017
- Lombard House12/17 Upper Bridge StreetCANTERBURY
- 10:00 - 18:00
- 07545 197910
- Room 308 Lombard House12-17 Upper Bridge...
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 07545 197910
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.