- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I qualified in 2001 and have been working as a consultant chest physician at Frimley Park since 2011. In my NHS work I am the clinical lead for lung cancer, cystic fibrosis and patient safety. My passion is for respiratory medicine in general and I enjoy the challenge of teasing out the underlying cause for symptoms, arranging the most appropriate tests to confirm the diagnosis and then agreeing a treatment plan.
Areas of interest
Investigation of breathlessness and cough;
Lung cancer; COPD; Asthma; Cystic fibrosis; Pulmonary fibrosis; Pulmonary embolism;
Procedures:- Bronchoscopy; Chest drains; Pleurx in-dwelling chest drains
- Maureen Leal
- Frimley Park Hospital Portsmouth Road Frimley CAMBERLEY GU16 7UJ
- 01276 604122
Current NHS consultant posts held
Frimley Park Hospital - Consultant Chest Physician (Apr 2011 to date)
Time with my family
Cooking good food (then trying to persuade the children to eat it)
Country walks with our mud-loving black lab
Gardening is my therapy!
Clinical excellence awards (3) 2013
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to offer talks to local GPs and groups on topics within respiratory medicine
- MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) St George's Hospital Medical School, University of London 2001
- FRCP (Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians) Royal College of Physicians 2014
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education St George's, University of London 2008
Reference number 6026866
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Respiratory and General Internal Medicine, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
British Thoracic Society
- The Parkside Suite Frimley Park Hospital...
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 07826 176323
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.