- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon with sub-specialty interests in Spine Surgery.
I graduated from Edinburgh Medical School in 1999.
Completion Certificate of Specialist Training 2010
Entry onto the Specialist Register May 2010.
Previous Employment :
Scottish National Paediatric Spinal Deformity Centre
Edinburgh Trauma Unit.
Fellowships : Newcastle Spinal Fellowship
North American Travelling Fellowship (Chicago, Louisiana & Tennessee).
Areas of interest
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
Royal Preston Hospital,
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
I also keep pigs and chickens!
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Book Chapter – Spine Structured Oral Questions Baker ADL. Postgraduate Orthopaedics – Viva Guide for the FRCS Examination Banaszkiewicz and Kader. Cambridge 2012 ISBN: 978-1-107-62736-9
2. Book Chapter – Postgraduate Orthopaedics: The candidates guide to the FRCS Examination Second Edition. Spine Oral Core Topics. Alex Baker & Niall Criag. Banaszkiewics & Kader Cambridge 2011 ISBN 978-0-521-18510-3)
- MBChB Edinburgh Medical School 1999
- MSc Biomechanics Univercity of Stathclyde 2005
- BSc Edinburgh University 1997
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2009
- Spinal Fellowship Newcastle Teaching Hospitals 2010
Reference number 4612685
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Spinal Surgeons
British Association for Back Pain Research
British Orthopaedic Association
British Medical Association
Royal Medical Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.