- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a consultant gynaecologist at Newham University Hospital with special interest in Urogynaecology and Minimal Access Surgery.
I perform the following urinary incontinence procedures: TVT, TVT-O Abbrevo, Burch.
I also perform operations for the management of Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Our audit of all the urogynaecological operations performed at Newham have revealed excellent cure rates with low complication rate. The TVT care rate is 88-90% in keeping with the best published rates.
I have the RCOG/BSGE modules in "advanced hysteroscopic surgery" and "intermediate laparoscopic surgery. I perform advanced hysteroscopic operation including transcervical resection techniques for treatment of fibroids, polyps, septa, adhesions and I also use the Novasure endometrial ablation system. I perform laparoscopic surgery including tratment of endometriosis, ovarian cystectomy and oophorectomy. I also gained experience in laparoscopic hysterectomy and colposuspension.
Areas of interest
Minimal access / invasive surgery (Hysteroscopic and Laparoscopic surgery);
Urogynaecology; Urinary incontinence;
TVT / TVT-O Abbrevo;
Pelvic organ prolapse surgery
- Gynaecology Outpatient Appointment
- BMI The London Independent Hospital 1 Beaumont Square LONDON E1 4NL
- 020 7780 2400
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Barts Health NHS Trust
Newham University Hospital
- Primary Medical Degree. 110/110 cum laude (Summa cum laude). Faculty of Medicine. University of Bari. Italy 1990
- Certificate of Completion Specialist Training (CCST) in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 50/50 (Summa). Post-graduate Training School. University of Bari. Italy. 1995
- Accreditation in Advanced Hysteroscopic Surgery. RCOG and BSGE. London. UK 2008
- Accreditation in Intermediate Laparoscopic Surgery. RCOG and BSGE. London. UK 2008
Reference number 6058270
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Full registration - with specialist registration in Obstetrics and Gynaecology., 2002
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI The London Independent Hospital, E1 4NL
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 020 7780 2400
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details