- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Vascular surgery
Mr Gadhvi joined BTUH as a Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon in May 2012. He has successfully set up the minimally invasive vascular surgery program and is able to offer the latest treatments to patients.
He graduated from Barts and The London medical school in 2000 with Honors and during his undergraduate training he won the Draper’s scholarship and was awarded a first class Bachelor of Science degree in physiology and anatomy.
After completing his basic and higher surgical training in London and Essex, he received extensive training in vascular, endovascular and general surgery working with pioneers in the field.
Mr Gadhvi was awarded a Master’s of Science degree, specializing in the application of new technologies and innovations to surgery, at Imperial College of Technology, London.
On completion of his training in October 2010 he initially worked at The Royal London hospital as a consultant vascular and trauma surgeon.
He has a passion for teaching and training; lead for undergraduate surgical teaching and is an examiner for undergraduate finals examinations for University College London. UCL students awarded him the ‘Best Teacher’ prize. He is involved in post-graduate training of senior registrars and consultants.
Mr Gadhvi takes pride in working closely with patients, their families and their primary care physicians in providing meticulous clinical care and working within a strong vascular team to provide up to date treatments.
Areas of interest
• Varicose veins - minimally invasive treatments • Vascular surgery - minimally invasive endovascular treatments for arterial and venous problems • Hernia surgery - minimally invasive laparoscopic general surgery • Gall bladder surgery - minimally invasive laparoscopic general surgery
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital
· Use of new technologies and techniques for major arterial disease to reduce risks and length of stay
· Use of robotic techniques in aortic surgery
· Effective use of local anaesthesia for treating varicose veins
· Mammalian spinal cord signal transmission
· I am married with a young family, I love spending time with family and friends. I am passionate about music playing the guitar and piano, and enjoy playing cricket and football. I combine travelling with charitable surgical work abroad in Africa and India.
Senior author on Surgical clinical examinations
Senior author on Thoracic Aortic trauma chapter- Oxford Textbook of Vascular Surgery- in process
Courses offered to GPs
An update on vascular surgery
The role of a surgeon in stroke prevention
How to assess the lower limbs
- B.Sc. (1st class)- Physiology and Anatomy University of London 1997
- M.B.,B.S. (Hons)- Distinction in Surgery Barts and The London, University of London 2000
- M.R.C.S. (Eng) The Royal College of Surgery- England 2003
- M.R.C.S. (Gl) The Royal College of Surgery and Physicians- Glasgow 2003
- M.Sc. Imperial College London 2009
- DIC- Diploma of Imperial College Imperial College London 2009
- F.R.C.S.- Fellow- General Surgery The Royal College of Surgery- England 2009
- C.C.S.T.- Completion of Specialist Training Postgraduate School of Surgery- London 2010
- Vascular and General Surgery Postgraduate School of Surgery- London 2010
- Endovascular Surgery University College London Hospital 2010
Reference number 4714862
Details of entry to specialist register
- Mr. VIJAY M. GADHVI, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
The Royal College of Surgeons- England and Glasgow.
Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
Medical Protection Society.
- BMI The London Independent Hospital
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07763 810874
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 07763 810874
- Spire Hartswood Hospital
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 07763 810874
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details