- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
I am a highly experienced consultant gynaecologist who likes to take a very holistic approach to the management of all my patients and their symptoms and conditions. This involves taking a detailed history and listening carefully to the issues which concern each individual woman. Following examination and/or appropriate or necessary investigations, management is planned for both the short term and where necessary also the long term.
The views, wishes, understanding and full involvement of the patient will be paramount in deciding on treatment. Should the patient wish, a partner, relative or friend is welcome to attend the consultation.
Areas of interest
Tertiary Endometriosis service; menstrual disorders and fibroids; hormonal disorders; adolescent gynaecology; disorders of reproductive development; vulval skin disorders, menopause, chronic pelvic pain
- Lisa Sainsbury Level 2
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Hammersmith Hospital Du Cane Road LONDON W12 0HS
- 020 3313 3925
- 020 3313 5250
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Mark Esler Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist, Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea Hospital, Imperial Healthcare Trust
1. Rose GL, Edmonds DK. (2001) ‘Levonorgestrel IUS – treatment for endometrial cystic hyperplasia’ J Obstet Gynaecol 21: 642.
2. Jolly M, Taylor M, Rose G, Govender L, Fisk N. (2001) ‘Interstitial laser: a new surgical technique for twin reversed arterial perfusion sequence in early pregnancy’ British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 108: 1-5.
3. Laufer MR, Sanfilippo J, Rose G. (2003) ‘Adolescent endometriosis: diagnosis and treatment approaches’ J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 16: 3-11.
4. Rose GL. (2005) ‘What is Endometriosis?’ Women’s Health Medicine 2: 12-15.
5. Rose GL. (2005) ‘Diagnosing Endometriosis’ Women’s Health Medicine 2: 20-23.
6. Nadarajah S, Quek J, Rose GL, Edmonds DK. (2005) ‘Sexual function in women treated with dilators for vaginal agenesis’ J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 8: 39-42.
7. Dhanjal M, Teixeira F, Dadzie O, Rose G. (2009) ‘Idiopathic Pustular Vulvitis’ Clin Exp Dermatol 34: 789-791.
8. Brosens JJ, Hodgetts A, Feroze-Zaidi F, Sherwin JRA, Fusi L, Salker S, Higham J, Rose GL, Kajihara T, Young SL, Lessey BA, Henriet P, Langford PR, Fazleabas AT. (2010) ‘Proteomic Analysis of Endometrium from Fertile and Infertile Patients Suggests a Role for Apolipoprotein A-I in Embryo Implantation Failure and Endometriosis’ Mol Hum Reprod 16: 273-285.
9. Edmonds DK, Rose GL, Lipton, MG, Quek J. (2012) ‘Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome: A review of 245 consecutive cases managed by a multidisciplinary approach with vaginal dilators’ Fertility and Sterility 97: 686-690.
10. Edmonds DK, Rose GL. (2013) ‘Outflow tract disorders of the genital tract’ The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist 15: 11-17.
- MBBS University of London 1978
- MRCOG RCOG 1984
- MD University of London 1990
- FRCOG RCOG 2003
Reference number 2422653
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC specialist register, 1996
Affiliations / memberships
- Hammersmith Hospital, W12 0HS
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 020 3313 3925
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Out of Hours: 02033131111