- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Skin cancer
I am a down-to-earth family man. The optimum work:life balance is important to me. I have been lucky to have trained in several excellent centres and have been influenced by many senior colleagues over the years.
I am a general Dermatologist with a specialist interest in skin cancer management including Mohs’ surgery and cutaneous reconstruction. I believe strongly in holistic care and the importance of emotional + psychological factors. Clear communication is essential in good medical practice and I so I routinely write to all patients I see with a summary of the consultation and treatment plan.
•To continue learning and developing new skills
•To be a great teacher and lecturer
•To treat my patients and colleagues as they would like to be treated
•Attention to detail, empathic, holistic approach, pragmatic when needed
•Easy to work with
•Supportive, good team-player
Areas of interest
Skin cancer; use of dermoscopy to aid diagnosis and monitoring of skin lesions, Mohs surgery (only done in NHS setting), Psychocutaneous medicine (emotional and psychological factors associated with skin disorders);Male genital skin disorders.
- Gillian Hammond
- Tayside Complete Health 3-7 Commercial Street Dundee DD1 3DA
- 01382 549088
- Sarah Affleck
- iwantgreatcare: http://iwantgreatcare.org
- http://www.doctoralia.co.uk/: http://www.doctoralia.co.uk/consultant/affleck+andrew-14839812
- ResearchGate (list of my research work, presentations and publications): https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrew_Affleck2
- My personal website which I plan to develop long term to provide helpful, reliable information and sign-post to other useful resources: http://www.skindetective.co.uk/
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Dermatologist - since January 2008
Ninewells Hospital and Perth Royal Infirmary
I am also an Honorary Senior Clinical Teacher, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School.
Skin cancer, dermoscopy, Mohs surgery, reconstructive skin surgery, patient experience
I enjoy teaching and have several teaching roles - both for undergraduate and postgraduate students and believe this makes one a better clinician.
In my Dermatology career I have won 3 "best presentations" at the annual British Association of Dermatology meeting
I have more than 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals and co-wrote chapter 11, "Skin biopsy techniques" in the 2nd and 3rd editions of “Surgery of the Skin, Procedural Dermatology” edited by June K Robinson, Mosby Elsevier 2010, 2013 and a chapter "Psychological reactions to skin cancer" in the text-book, "Practical Psychodermatology" published in 2013.
My publications can be viewed on line at ResearchGate via the link https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrew_Affleck2
Courses offered to GPs
I am happy to arrange talks with GPs when requested.
I collect feedback from patients every year.
- MB ChB Glasgow University 1997
- BSc (Hons) Glasgow University 1994
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 2001
Reference number 4420079
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical lead for skin cancer North of Scotland Cancer Network (NOSCAN) 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Dermatology National Training Certificate of Completion, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
GMC, SDS, BAD, BSDS
- BMI Albyn Hospital, Aberdeen - twice per month...
- 11:00 - 18:00
- 01224 595993
- Tayside Complete Health Clinic, 7 Commercial...
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01382 549088
- Tayside Complete Health,7 Commercial Street,...
- 10:00 - 18:00
- 01382 549088
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01382 665712 / 07929433704