- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Pain medicine
Dr Chawla is a dedicated and compassionate specialist in the field of pain management. He is able to demonstrate clinical expertise with the proven ability to listen, assess, investigate and diagnose chronic pain patients and take an appropriate decision with a comprehensive treatment plan.
Dr Chawla is professional and committed to the field of medical education, research and development with the aim of improving standards of medical practice and developing pain medicine.
Areas of interest
Pain; Chronic Pain; Targeted injection for Neck; Low back; Arm and Leg pain; Pelvic Pain; Pudendal Nerve Pain; Radio-frequency Denervation; Nerve pain; Facial Pain; Pain management.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Pain Medicine, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
Medical Lead of The Pain Management Programme, The Walton Centre
Facial Neuropathic Pain
Twiddy, H., Lane, N., Chawla R., Johnson, S., Bradshaw, A., Aleem, S., Mawdsley, L. (2015). The
development and delivery of a Female Chronic Pelvic Pain Management Programme: a specialised
interdisciplinary approach. British Journal of Pain. Nov; 9(4):2334.
Ganty P., Chawla R. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Recent updates (2014) Continuing Education in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain, 14 (2) ,pp. 7984.
HighFrequency (10 kHz) or Conventional Spinal Cord Stimulation for Complex Neuropathic Pain Patients?M. Sharma, A. Cox, B. Costello, J. Blundell, A. Stockley, J. Dunwoodie, M. Draper, S. Aseri, R. Chawla (2015) North American Neuromodulation Society, abstracts.Percuatneous balloon compression for trigeminal neuralgia:
Does shape of the balloon matters.Indian Journal of Pain 2009;23. 252-55
Complex Regional pain syndrome; Recent updates. Continuing Education in Anaesthesia Critical Care and Pain 2013
Poster presentation at British Pain Society Annual Scientific meeting 2013
Courses offered to GPs
- FFPMRCA (Fellow of Faculty of Pain Medicine The Royal College of Anaesthetists (UK) THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF ANAESTHETISTS 2009
- PG Certificate in Pain Management Cardiff University 2009
- FRCA (Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists) THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF ANAESTHETISTS 2006
- Fellow of the College of Anaesthetists, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland College of Anaesthetists RCSI, Dublin, Ireland 2006
- Advanced Pain Training The Walton Centre Liverpool 2008
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member Scientific Sub Committee Pain Research Institute Liverpool 2013
- Member Education Sub Committee Pain Relief Foundation Liverpool 2011
- Member Mersey Pain Advisory Committee Mersey Deanery 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anesthetics, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
The British Pain Society
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
The Association of Anesthetics of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI)
Interventional Pain Management Special Interest Group (IPM SIG)
- Spire Cheshire Hospital, WA4 4LU
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 0845 602 2500
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.