- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am an accredited member of the BACP and an accredited CAT (cognitive Analytic Therapy) Practitioner. I have been involved in the caring professions for 15 years. This has included work in the voluntary sector, counselling in the community mental health field and Higher Education settings. I now work in private practice in the Manchester and Cheshire area and offer brief focused interventions or longer term contracts.
My background prior to my therapeutic training was in the creative arts where I learned to pay a great attention to detail. I also trained as a yoga teacher and through my own yoga practice came to realise the importance of being mindfully aware in all situations, which is an important way of reducing stress.
Areas of interest
Depression; Anxiety disorders; low self-esteem;Bereavement/loss;Relationship problems; Eating disorders;Self-harm;Addictive behavior;mindfulness; loss of sense of self or meaning; career issues;retirement;work issues
Video and telephone consultations
- Offers video and telephone consultations
I have an interest in 'Mindfulness', the process/practice of relaxing our attention back into the world of our senses, for often many of our difficulties are linked to habitual patterns of over-thinking and brooding, which takes us away from a more direct, full, and simple experience of our day-to-day lives.
- MA Integrative Counselling The University of Manchester 2007
- Counselling Diploma The University of Manchester 2005
- Post-grad dip Cognitive Analytic Therapy Practitioner Training Sheffield-Hallam Univerity 2011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited/registered BACP(British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) 2009
- Accredited CAT(Cognitive Analytic Practitioner) ACAT (Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy) 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
BACP(British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
ACAT (Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy)