- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Skin cancer
Dr. Joey Lai-Cheong BMedSci(Hons) MBBS PhD FRCP is a consultant adult and paediatric dermatologist and holds his NHS post at the King Edward VII Hospital in Windsor, part of Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust. He is the clinical lead for both the local skin cancer and the paediatric dermatology services. He has a weekly skin cancer screening clinic and regularly performs minor procedures to remove moles, skin cancer and other skin lesions. He also has a weekly children, adolescent and adult general dermatology clinic. He is the skin cancer lead for the local skin cancer service and is a core member of the regional specialist skin cancer multidisciplinary team. He is also the clinical lead for paediatric dermatology.
Dr Lai-Cheong consults on all aspects of general and paediatric dermatology and has expertise in skin cancer diagnosis and management, mole checks and mole removal, medical dermatology including eczema, psoriasis and acne as well as dermatological surgery. He also treats patients with excessive sweating with botulinum toxin injections
He has published extensively in national and high impact factor international journals including Nature Medicine, The New England Journal of Medicine (highest ranked medical journal), American Journal of Pathology and the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (highest ranked dermatology journal). He has also contributed to several book chapters including the skin anatomy chapter in Gray's Anatomy Textbook.
Areas of interest
• Skin tumours / cancer / oncology; Eczema; Acne; Dermatological surgery; Psoriasis; Children's dermatology; Adolescent dermatology; Mole checks; Mole removal; Rashes; Dermoscopic examination of moles; Skin tags; Warts; Excessive sweating; melanoma; basal cell carcinoma; squamous cell carcinoma
- Appointments - BMI Princess Margaret Hospital
- BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital Osborne Road WINDSOR SL4 3SJ
- 0800 656 9604
- Debbie Collins
- Spire Thames Valley Hospital Wexham Street Wexham SLOUGH SL3 6NH
- 01753 665404
- Circle Reading Hospital Drake Way Reading RG2 0GQ
- 0118 922 0026
- Dr Joey Lai-Cheong at Spire Thames Valley
- Dr Joey Lai-Cheong LINKedIN page
- Pubmed for list of publications
- Personal website
- Dr Joey Lai-Cheong at The Princess Margaret Hospital, Windsor
- Circle Reading Hospital
Current NHS consultant posts held
King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor (part of Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust)
paediatric dermatology, genetic skin diseases, acne, acne scarring, mole checks, dermoscopy
I have an interest in the management of haemangiomas, adult and children's eczema, psoriasis, skin cancer and acne scarring. I also have a clinical interest in skin imaging such as dermoscopy to detect early skin cancer.
1. Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellowship
2. Euroderm Excellence Prize
3. St John’s Dermatological Society Registrar Prize
4. British Association of Dermatologists Registrar Prize
5. British Society for Investigative Dermatology Young Investigator Prize
6. British Society for Paediatric Dermatology Fellowship
7. European Society for Dermatological Research/ Society for Investigative Dermatology Collegiality Award
English and French
Dr. Lai-Cheong has published over 50 peer-reviewed papers in high impact international journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, American Journal of Human Genetics, American Journal of Pathology, Trends in Molecular Medicine and the Journal of Investigative Dermatology. He has presented at major international conferences and has been invited to give talks in the United States and Japan.
Dr Lai-Cheong has also co-authored several chapters in dermatology textbooks including the skin anatomy chapter in the latest edition of the world famous Gray's Anatomy textbook.
Courses offered to GPs
I have GP trainees and GPs who attend my clinics on a regular basis and runs a successful skin club in Windsor.
I am also the course organiser for the Annual Windsor Dermatology Masterclass aimed at GP trainees and GPs.
My aim is to provide a comprehensive dermatology service to all my patients.
- BMedSci (Hons) MBBS University of Newcastle upon Tyne 2001
- MRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians 2004
- PhD University of London 2010
- FRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians 2016
- Paediatric Dermatology Chicago Children's Memorial Hospital 2012
Reference number 6027316
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- National Institute for Health Research Clinical Lecturer in Cutaneous Medicine St John's Institute of Dermatology, London 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
British Association of Dermatologists
British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
British Society for Investigative Dermatology
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Patient can email me on email@example.com or ring my PA Kate Breslin on 01753 540 208