- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Mr Michael M Sabetai is a Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon who has been trained in some of the most prestigious Cardiac and Thoracic Aortic Surgical Centers in the UK (St Thomas' and Guy's Hospitals, Royal Brompton Hospital, London Chest Hospital) and the USA (Texas Medical Centre, Houston and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia). He is the recipient of a PhD in Cardiovascular Surgery from Imperial College, London. He has presented in many national and international scientific conferences and has many publications in prestigious scientific journals.
He offers all aspects of adult cardiac surgical operations and practices at St Thomas' Hospital, London (NHS) and the London Bridge Hospital, London (Private).
Areas of interest
• Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) • Aortic valve replacement • Keyhole aortic valve replacement • Aortic root surgery • Thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery • Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms surgery • Aortic dissection surgery • Mitral valve repair/replacement •
Current NHS consultant posts held
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
St Thomas' Hospital
Cardiac Surgery Department
Westminster Bridge Road
Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Dissections
Thoracic Aortic Surgery
Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Surgery
Management of large databases
Alexander Onassis Public Benefit Foundation
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Fluent
45 publications in scientific journals
6 book chapters
Courses offered to GPs
Thoracic Aortic Diseases.
Minimally invasive approaches to aortic valve surgery.
Cardiovascular Risk and Outcomes.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://scts.org/consultant/michael-sabetai/
- MD Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki Medical School, Greece 1991
- PhD Imperial College School of Medicine 2007
- FRCS(C-Th) Royal College of Surgeons, Cardiothoracic Surgery 2009
- DIC (Diploma of Imperial College for post graduate studies in Surgery) Imperial College School of Medicine 2007
- Aortic Surgery University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 2012
- Aortic Surgery - Thoracoabdominal Aortic Diseases University of Texas at Houston, Houston 2012
- Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery Fondazione Toscana G. Monasterio, Massa, Italy 2012
Reference number 4381354
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Registry, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery of Great Britain and Ireland.
Royal College of Surgeons.
- London Bridge Hospital
- 09:30 - 20:00
- 07817 722560
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Sue Bicheno, Secretary
London Bridge Hospital