- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Tracy achieved her orthoptic qualification from the Manchester school of orthoptics at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, she then proceeded to attain her teaching qualification at the University of Liverpool and then her Masters degree at UMIST.
Tracy worked initially in the North East for 2 years, and then returned to her home of Manchester working in both community and acute settings with Manchester Royal Hospital and Mancunian Community NHS Trust, for the next 10 years. The next 4 years were spent in Tameside and Glossop followed by 2 years in Australia, where she was granted qualification by the Australian Orthoptic Board and continued in orthoptic practice.
On returning to the UK Tracy now works for Stockport NHS trust and has expanded her work into the private sector, with weekly clinics at The Alexandra and Optegra private hospitals.
Tracy has extended experience of working within orthoptics with many specialist ophthalmologists. She has published in recognised medical journals and presented research papers at both local and international meetings.
Areas of interest
Paediatric strabismus (squint) and amblyopia (lazy eye); Adult ocular motility and binocular vision disorders; double vision; eye strain;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Senior Orthoptist @ Stockport NHS Trust
Paediatric visual development
Community eye health
Specific learning disabilities
• British Orthoptic journal 1994 – Case presentation on “congenital ocular motor palsy”
• British Orthoptic Journal 2000 – “Do patients with convergence insufficiency show a profile of significant psychological distress”
• The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Conference 2000 (Harrogate) – speaker: Presentation on “psychological profile of patients with convergence insufficiency”
• European Strabismological Associatoion (ESA) 2000 conference (Barcelona). Poster presentation. “Psychological profile of patients with convergence insufficiency”.
• 2000 – Secured external funding for research into optimal distance for visual acuity testing in a screening environment. Research completed in September 2001.
• ESA 2001 Conference (Florence). Poster presentation and speaker on ‘Response of accommodation on treatment of convergence weakness”.
• 2002 Regional Orthoptic meeting. Speaker for forum on management of patients with convergence insufficiency.
• 2002 Regional Research Conference. Poster presentation on “The optimum distance for visual acuity testing in a screening environment”.
• 2003 Departmental training into clinical audit and the audit cycle.
• 2004 Training of allied health professionals about clinical audit and the audit cycle.
• Departmental presentations on 6th nerve palsies, testing monocular fields, vision screening, patient satisfaction, data collection, management of neurogenic palsies, treatment of convergence excess esotropia, prism adaptation, BT assessments, post op diplopia testing, colour vision assessment, double elevator palsy. DVD, and DHD.
• 2011 audit on evaluation of outcomes of strabismus surgery at Stepping Hill Hospital.
• BIPOSA 2011 “Smartphone technology and the role in assessing Paediatric Visual Acuity”
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.