- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand surgery
- Lower limb surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Mr Ali-Khan is a Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon and is on the General Medical Council (GMC) specialist register for Plastic Surgery.
He trained in Bristol and Exeter; and has undertaken specialist fellowships in Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgery in Bristol & London, Microsurgery & Reconstruction in Cambridge, and Skin Cancer Surgery in Sydney, Australia.
His NHS and Private Practices are based in the Newcastle, Durham and Darlington areas. His regular, general NHS practice includes skin cancer and hand surgery. His specialist practice includes reconstruction of soft tissue problems of the limbs (including microvascular reconstruction) and repair of complex abdominal hernias.
Areas of interest
Carpal tunnel syndrome;
Facial aesthetic surgery;
Nerve surgery (reconstructive);
Pigmented skin lesions & Moles;
Pinnaplasty / Otoplasty;
Rhinoplasty / Nose surgery;
Skin tumours / skin cancer;
- Julie Butler
- Department of Plastic Surgery University Hospital Of Durham North Road DURHAM DH1 5TW
- 0191 333 2276
- 0191 333 2337
- Ruth Choppen
- Spire Washington Hospital Picktree Lane WASHINGTON NE38 9JZ
- 0191 418 8654
- 0191 417 6573
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Alastair Duggie Fee Assured
- Dr Paul Bush Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic Surgeon at University Hospital Durham & Darlington Memorial Hospital.
Mr Ali-Khan has previously undertaken research and published on melanoma skin cancer. His current research interests include wound healing and the use of technology to further advance plastic surgery techniques through collaboration with academic departments at the University of Durham and the University of Newcastle.
2000 - Bupa Foundation Research Award; Paton / Masser Award of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons.
- FRCS (Plastic Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons 2009
- MRCS (Eng.) Royal College of Surgeons 1999
- MB. ChB. Birmingham University Medical School 1995
- Microsurgery & Reconstructive Fellowship Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK 2010
- Poche Melanoma Fellowship Melanoma Institute of Australia, Sydney , Australia 2009
- Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgery Fellowship Bristol & London 2009
Reference number 4196556
Details of entry to specialist register
- Plastic Surgery, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Full Member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.