- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I have been counselling for over twelve years and have experience of working in many settings, including several GP surgeries for over six years.
I have trained student counsellors for over ten years and I am qualified to supervise the work of other counsellors.
My aim is to develop a relationship of warmth and trust, to create an environment where it feels safe to talk.
I am an integrative counsellor which means I match my approach to suit your individual needs. To do this, I draw on person centred, humanistic, cognitive behavioural, mindfulness and compassionate focussed therapies.
Areas of interest
Depression; Anxiety; Stress; Redundancy; Work Related Difficulties; Bereavement; Loss; Trauma; Abuse; Relationship Difficulties; Self Esteem; Confidence; Abuse; Anger; Disability; Female problems; Compassion Focused therpay.
I have experience of working with adolescents, adults and the elderly.
Compassionate Focused Therapy.
- Diploma in Counselling Bath Spa Univrsity 2004
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision Plymouth University 2010
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education Bath Spa University 2007
- Mindfulness Private 2011
- Compassionate Focussed Therapy BABCP 2012
- Cognitive Behavioural Training Private 2008
- Compassionate Focussed Therapy Private 2014
- Compassionate Focused Therapy The Compassionate Mind Foundation 2016
Affiliations / memberships
I am a Registered Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.